Themes: UI config++ vs

Done, but same behavior.

Is there a useful clue in logentry “Invalid config for [frontend]: value should be a string for dictionary value”

2020-03-15 12:40:02 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [frontend]: value should be a string for dictionary value @ data[‘frontend’][‘themes’][‘light’][‘Light’]. Got OrderedDict([(‘base-hue’, ‘220’), (‘base-sat’, ‘5%’), (‘huesat’, ‘var(–base-hue), var(–base-sat),’), (‘primary-color’, ‘hsl(var(–huesat) 36%)’), (‘primary-background-color’, ‘hsl(0, 0%, 98%)’), (‘secondary-background-color’, ‘hsl(0, 0%, 95%)’), (‘paper-card-background-color’, ‘var(–primary-background-color)’), (‘primary-text-color’, ‘hsl(0, 0%, 50%)’), (‘secondary-text-color’, ‘hsl(0, 0%, 60%)’), (‘disabled-text-color’, ‘hsl(0, 0%, 70%)’), (‘divider-color’, ‘hsla(0, 0%, 0%, 0)’), ('paper-… (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 13). Please check the docs at https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/frontend

A)
I tried the “old approach” and that works.

Configuration.yaml:
frontend:
themes: !include themes.yaml

Removed themesfolder under config-folder

Added themes.yaml in config-folder

Result:

B)
Nice that it works, but unsatisfying that it doesn’t work the way we tried it for the past few days / hours:

Configuration.yaml:
frontend:
themes: !include_dir_named themes

With a themes-folder under config-folder
And themes-files in themes-folder

And no themes.yaml in config-folder

===

The “new approach” B seems somewhat unstable.
Ok if you want to continue working to get way B working. Just let me know.
I would also like to understand what’s going on.

I’m well confused.

I know that doesn’t help, but I can’t understand why it’s not working for you and the error message implies that the formatting is wrong, but we know it’s correct because it’s @finity 's working config