Thermostat and Boiler controller for EMS based boilers (Nefit, Buderus, Bosch) using ESP

Hi Richard, if your boiler support the EMS protocol then you can use the software and HA to simulate a basic thermostat by sending power and heating values to the boiler. It really depends on which type of boiler you are using though. Post a question on the GitHub issue board and see what others come back with?

Thanks Paul - Iā€™ll do that

Hi @proddy, I just got my EMS-ESP kit from BBQkees. I got it working with some effort, but only the boiler is reporting data, the thermostat just return null for temperature and is at unknown state. What could be wrong here? Iā€™ve used your YAMl examples files.

Hi, best if you log an issue on the github project page (https://github.com/proddy/EMS-ESP) or do a post on gitter (https://gitter.im/EMS-ESP/community#) where I can help you real-time. I suspect its a config issue. Also make sure youā€™re using the latest version. In version 2.0 which is coming soon I use HAā€™s MQTT Discovery so the integration is a lot simpler.

1 Like

Hello,

Since i have Buderus GB112 cannot use EMS-ESP. Purchased and modified BBQKees board to iRT and sucessfuly getting data from boiler to MQTT.

Since iRT-ESP is version without MQTT autodiscovery having issues integrating it to Homeassistant.
As noob iā€™m tried to write entity to configuration.yaml but getting nowhere.
On EMS-ESP there are no steps described for this.
Can someone share configuration.yaml entries for EMS-ESP that can be modified?
How to add this device to be visible under device under MQTT?
Plz helpā€¦

Thanks in advance
D

I realize this post is quite old and their has been many updates to the EMS-ESP project, including automatic support for HA via Discovery. Check out the new repo at emsesp/EMS-ESP32: ESP32 firmware to read and control EMS and Heatronic compatible equipment such as boilers, thermostats, solar modules, and heat pumps (github.com)

When reading this topic and github for EMS-ESP, it looks promised. However I can not find that this controller will support Bosch Compress 7400i or not. Who can tell me about this?

Normally the moduline 1010H is the only supported thermostat for this heat pump. Can we control the temperature and so on through EMS port?

I think so yes. There are a number of users using the 7400 range and most of the heatpumps are now supported in the latest v3.5 release. Best is to ask the community via the Discord channel. Or just try it out and see if it works

How to get this beautiful card with the shower control and shower duration notifications? I have the bbqkees hardware well connected to HA and reporting all the sensor data. However, Iā€˜m not that deep into HA itself

Thereā€™s some ideas on Home Assistant - EMS-ESP.

If you want help creating the card, start a discussion on emsesp/EMS-ESP32 Ā· Discussions and weā€™ll help.

Thanks, Iā€˜ve started a new Discussion to get community help: Need help creating beautiful cards :) Ā· emsesp/EMS-ESP32 Ā· Discussion #1248 Ā· GitHub

1 Like

I know this is an old treadā€¦but does anyone have a iRT board laying around not using it?

I have moved and my new house has a iRT (nefit) boiler. I tried using the opentherm converter together with easy control module and the opentherm gateway but that doesnā€™t work for meā€¦