Thermostat won't stop heating (Tuya TS0601)

Same for me. Even when lowering the target temperature below the current temperature, the trv sometimes keeps on heating with the same valve position. Excuse me for saying this, but that firmware is really f*cked and I am angry stuff like that is sold to customers.

Also, it seems setting force=normal does not reliably put the trv back to heating mode (sometimes it works, sometimes not). So I am setting the hvac_mode instead, which seems to work reliably.

Here is my automation (example for Zigbee2MQTT if your climate entity is called climate.my_trv):

alias: Close my_trv when target temperature is reached
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: climate.my_trv
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 1
      seconds: 0
    above: -0.1
    value_template: >-
      {{ state_attr('climate.my_trv', 'current_temperature') -
      state_attr('climate.my_trv', 'current_heating_setpoint') }}
action:
  - service: select.select_option
    data:
      option: close
    target:
      entity_id: select.my_trv_force
  - delay:
      milliseconds: 0
    enabled: true
  - service: climate.set_hvac_mode
    data:
      hvac_mode: auto
    target:
      entity_id: climate.my_trv
mode: single
2 Likes

Good idea and nice insights about unreliable force=normal :+1:
In my case I think I want to run your actions only when my climate’s hvac_action changes to off state. Also added an optional condition for thermostat_bedroom_z2m_position==0 just to be sure force close is really needed:

alias: Close a TRV when thermostat was disabled and its position is 0
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - climate.thermostat_bedroom_z2m
    to: "off"
    attribute: hvac_action
    for:
      minutes: 2
condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: sensor.thermostat_bedroom_z2m_position
    state: "0"
action:
  - service: select.select_option
    data:
    target:
      entity_id: select.thermostat_bedroom_z2m_force
  - delay:
    enabled: true
  - service: climate.set_hvac_mode
    data:
      hvac_mode: auto
    target:
      entity_id: climate.thermostat_bedroom_z2m

FYI: it looks like the attribute “current_heating_setpoint” has been renamed to “temperature”.
At least with my z2m integrated device:

Zigbee Model: TS0601
Zigbee Manufacturer: _TZE200_cpmgn2cf

I wanted to add that I read somewhere about this problem, apparently the TRV’s motor is either not strong enough tu fully close the valve (i.e. push the pin) or its own pin is the wrong length so some people suggested sticking a tiny magnet i.e. 4mm diameter, 2mm thickness onto the TRV’s pin and then recalibrate.

Sounds plausible to me and will test this weekend. Basically, if the TRV doesn’t manage to fully push that pin then when it calibrates itself it will set the deepest it can push that pin to position: 0% thinking that is the furthest it can go.

2 Likes

I had the same problem for months until i figured it out (it was actually written on the manual i got with the TRV). On the TRV itself, there is setting “C” (settings on my Tuya TS0601 TRV [manufacturer model: _TZE200_cpmgn2cf] go 1-9, and then A-C), with modes:
“0 - soft close”, and
“1 - hard close”.
The default setting for this TRV is unfortunately “0” which does not fully close the valve. When set to “1” it works as it should. Hope it helps someone.

3 Likes

I had the same problem and solved it with automation

automation
alias: Trv force
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - sensor.bedroom_position
    to: "0"
condition: []
action:
  - device_id: 9a8d5a7191c2f8e9975ef327dc14a1e5
    domain: select
    entity_id: select.bedroom_force
    type: select_option
  - delay:
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 10
      milliseconds: 0
  - device_id: 9a8d5a7191c2f8e9975ef327dc14a1e5
    domain: select
    entity_id: select.bedroom_force
    type: select_option
    option: normal

Hi,

im using TS0601 (_TZE200_hue3yfsn) and have the same problem. If i set heating to off the valve is not fully closed.
I have 3 Switches exposed to my home-assistant. Following the diagram on TS0601 unusual switch and functions the 3rd Switch is “On/Off” Switch. But do i alos have to set this Switch to off, if i want the valve to be fully closed?

Thanks!

Strange… I thought the select.xxx_force entity has diisapperead for all?? I don’t have it any longer since probably 2021.

1 Like

On my end, I feel that when the radiator is hot, the motor struggles to close the valve. So I wait until the radiator is super hot (valve open), then I remove the batteries and put them back again to reset the valve position.

Now it works (let’s see if it will continue to work after several days).

I’d be interested to know if there’s a way to trigger the reset of the valve position without removing the batteries. With the buttons only?

Hello, i think that it must to set up another option, when TRV show 0% valve, but valve itself is not closed. My TRV has more options in advanced menu. It has AA, AB and AC
Meanings:
AA - control type of valve - 0: PID 1: ON/OFF
AB - Reset
AC - valve seal type 0:soft 1:hard

I think AC is the key for success :slight_smile:

you can see also this link:

i do not have AC, or C setting, only A and small b.
i tried everything regarding this. i tried also doing an automation from samples provided here, but it was never triggered, dont know why. Commands were not executed, even when i tried launching automation manually.Also, it looks like force mode is not possible and i can see only “change hvac mode” as available commands when calling a service on my entities. using OFF, does not change anything, valve does not close. also, when i hit OFF on a thermostat widget in HA. nothing changes. are you guys using official tuya integration or something else?

Hi; same for me. Still no luck.

there is a grey ring inside the thermostat mount. If that one is removed before installation, everything works fine for me.

(the image does not show the actual thermostat in question, I know. I made it just to show where the ring is)

will check it, there are 2 problems:

1. water flowing even if there is 0% - force mode or ring removal needed
  2. even if the room has 22°, and set temperature is 21°, it opens to 25%. i disabled the setting according to PDF, nothing changed. looks like it is internal PID to maintain the temperature but in reality, it overheats the room

Is that little grey ring still installed in your setup? It looks like this when it comes out of the box:

I always take that ring out, then it works as expected after adapting to the valve.

1 Like

I’m having a similar issue, definitely no plastic ring, but i’m thinking the self-stop/calibration isn’t working very well with these valves, not sure if that’s something we can change.
Taking the TRV off and manually changing temperature, feeling the pin move it doesn’t take much force to make it stop moving down (to close the valve) so I’m thinking the force-feedback on it isn’t allowing my valve on the radiator to close (using a coin I can push the valve down, it’s not easy but I can, so definitely not stuck).

update: had also to disable window open detection

original post:
I have TS0601 TZE200.ckud7u2l and it was just heating except when manuall turning “off”. No other setting was taken into account.
I fixed it somehow. What I did, according to the post#5 above but a bit different.
Setting A was reset for me, showing 88. I did set it to 00 and another try to 08.
The setting where I was able to choose a 0 or 1 was setting 9. I changed it there to 1.
There was also an other binary setting with a lower number, 2, 3, 4 or something. I also set that to 1.
After that it does use my confort, eco settings. It does take some time to start tho (1min or so).

no plastic ring on mine.
i am fed up with this. i also tried another solution, and that is, to use Tuya TRVs as thermostats only(they can control the central heating pump switch), in each room, and temperature was controlled with good old analog honeywell TRV. not good, even if the whole house is heated and analog TRVs close , Tuyas command the pump to spin hot water and it overheats my bathroom, where there is no TRV. Pellet consumption is insane. will throw the tuyas out of window. and use normal thermostat again. originally, i wanted to solve just one problem: one room was colder all the time, and since the thermostat was in the warmer room, it did not trigger the heating pump.

since one week I am operating two of those TRVs at the moment - they close fine, but the internal PID is pretty “stupid” (trying to heat at 25% for two hours before realizing that the radiators and the room dont get warm at this position - as there is no water flow)

Does anyone of you know if you set

A “Control type of valve” to 1 ON/OFF

is the TRV still operating with steps (e.g. 25%, 50% …) or from then on it´s only ON/OFF, meaning 0% and 100% and nothing in between?

With BT my TS0601 valves will not close after reaching the target temp.
I tried different settings and for a short while they work as accepted, but than they not close the valves. Curiously, the heating icon from “better thermostat ui card” is grayed and shows no action then.