Thermostats: Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave vs. GoControl GC-TBZ48

The integration does not expose this. I don’t know if the google API does and it could be added, @allenporter may know, he’s the owner of the integration and very knowledgeable.

Hi, I am not aware of such an API (see Thermostat  |  Device Access  |  Google Developers) however if it’s added I’d be happy to make sure it’s supported.

My general assumption is most things not available from the API are missing for security/privacy reasons, e.g. imagine a malicious 3rd party enabling keypad access and locking you out! etc.

Happy to engage on how to better confront to home assistant best practices on error handling if there are gaps, by the way.

Just got a reply from the Honeywell support. Unfortunetally there is no EU version of the T6 Pro Z-wave thermostat. Bad luck… It looks like I have to buy some wifi stuff.

@allenporter This keylock idea just came in to my mind. You got the point that security might be an issue with this feature. However the key unlock could be done also via key combination on the thermostat itself. Nevermind I can live without it. Thanks for the note by the way.

Do you mind if I ask how you successfully set the T6 to mains power? I followed the install manual and confirmed with a multimeter that my c-wire had voltage and with the HVAC tech who did our annual service that everything in the furnace looked right (but he didn’t know anything about zwave) but it still reports as battery powered and isn’t a repeating node.

Thanks for the humidity filter sensor fix as well, mine has been reporting -50 to -100% every couple of days!

That’s a good question. I’ve setup 4 of these all powered by 24 vac. 1 of them uses the common wire from the furnace. The other 3 use a separate 24 vac transformer wires into Rc and C with the jumper between Rh and Rc removed by the slider.

There docs did say to make sure to join it when it’s on 24vac power. So after wiring the base up and checking it out with the meter, I’d then insert the batteries into the device and then plug it into the base and walk through the setup process. Next, I’d make sure the thermo works turn heat on, etc. Then the last step is to join it into the zwave network, which has always worked the first time.

When the device loses 24 vac is does display a message on the panel. You may want to try that and see if you get a message, pull it off the base or turn the furnace off. If that works as expected, try to rejoin it. If not verify the C wire is firmly in place.