Third question...this time serious Sonoff Dongle-E and Zigbee2Mqtt

HI, this is not my config (all lines in config are as described block by block by Smart Home Junkie). This what I pasted above is log report with lines related to “hardsman error” I don’t know even what hardsman is .

That’s the bit that handles the Zigbee stick.

Yes, and we need to see your config to help you fix it. Unless you don’t want this fixed?

1 Like

my log file:
data_path: /config/zigbee2mqtt
socat:
enabled: false
master: pty,raw,echo=0,link=/tmp/ttyZ2M,mode=777
slave: tcp-listen:8485,keepalive,nodelay,reuseaddr,keepidle=1,keepintvl=1,keepcnt=5
options: “-d -d”
log: false
mqtt:
server: mqtt://core-mosquitto:1883
user: mqtt_user
password: xxxxxxxxxxx
serial:
port: >-
/dev/serial/by-id/usb-ITEAD_SONOFF_Zigbee_3.0_USB_Dongle_Plus_V2_20230510172711-if00
adapter: ezsp
zigbee_herdsman_debug: false

Please format that so we can read it

1 Like

I don’t know what do you mean by format . Maybe screenshot will help

Take a look at 11 here:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/how-to-help-us-help-you-or-how-to-ask-a-good-question/114371/1

There was a link in my post, because pictures of code isn’t half as friendly as code as text. Click the link and have a read :wink:

Code as text assumes that people see the world the way you do.

Sorry i saw “blue link” but mobile even didn’t start to open it and i forgot about this on desktop. To many things i do paralelly :slight_smile: Now i see option for formatted code paste in forum. Simply it is not my world “coding” :slight_smile:

socat:
  slave: tcp-listen:8485,keepalive,nodelay,reuseaddr,keepidle=1,keepintvl=1,keepcnt=5
  options: "-d -d"
mqtt:
  password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
serial:
  port: >-
    /dev/serial/by-id/usb-ITEAD_SONOFF_Zigbee_3.0_USB_Dongle_Plus_V2_20230510172711-if00

How are you running Z2M - as an add-on or a manual Docker container, or…?

normal add on, same way as mosquitto broker.

EDIT: I installed HAOS on Generic x86-64 platform to be more precise.

When you stopped using ZHA you removed that integration completely?

1 Like

No, only disabled. For obvious reasons i didn’t want to remove it having in mind that Sonoff Dongle-E is a bit risky with Z2M.

Then it’s possible that HA is still locking the stick for ZHA.

If i did a backup of ZHA and i uninstall it fully, and let’s assume that Z2M still will not work , if i reinstall ZHA backup should work without problem or i have to start from a scratch in ZHA??? Question is if ZHA backup is for a such purposes or it works only if already installed integration somehow stop to work and needs tonuse backup?

ZHA’s separate backup includes the stick, so all details of paired devices. Of course, if you’ve re-paired the devices for Z2M then those will need re-paired again.

Ok then i will do that and if this will not work i return for additional help .

Disabled should be sufficient. I disable/enable to switch between zha/z2m.

Thank again for help. Removing ZHA was a solution. In my case simple disabling it didn’t work. Now I start “unfortunately” :slight_smile: rebuild ZB network but luckily only few devices.

1 Like

Guys, I have to ask you for help again. Using above advise i managed to run Z2MQTT. It worked and it probably would work still but I did something stupid. Using this tutorial (https://smarthomescene.com/guides/how-to-enable-thread-and-matter-support-on-sonoff-zbdongle-e/) I tried to turn on Thread on Sonoff Dongle. Now my Z2MQTT stoped to work. Device is not bricked. Steps which went OK was:

1. Flashing firmware
  2. Starting Silicon Labs Multiprotocol Zigbee and OpenThread add on

Device is not bricked because after few attempts I reinstalled ZHA. Dongle works fine I can add zigbee device and it works. Fullstop. Thread integration sees Dongle as a Border Device. Fullstop. So I removed ZHA restarted again server , again tried with Z2MQTT. No luck.

Log looks like

[21:48:59] INFO: Preparing to start...
[21:49:00] INFO: Socat not enabled
[21:49:00] INFO: Starting Zigbee2MQTT...
Zigbee2MQTT:info  2024-01-12 21:49:01: Logging to console and directory: '/config/zigbee2mqtt/log/2024-01-12.21-49-01' filename: log.txt
Zigbee2MQTT:info  2024-01-12 21:49:01: Starting Zigbee2MQTT version 1.35.1 (commit #unknown)
Zigbee2MQTT:info  2024-01-12 21:49:01: Starting zigbee-herdsman (0.30.0)
Assertion failed: Command (setConfigurationValue) returned unexpected state: [object Object]
Assertion failed: Command (setValue) returned unexpected state: 55
Error: {"address":0,"clusterId":32770,"sequence":2} after 10000ms
    at Timeout._onTimeout (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/utils/waitress.ts:64:35)
    at listOnTimeout (node:internal/timers:569:17)
    at processTimers (node:internal/timers:512:7)

Configuration looks now like that:

socat:
  options: "-d -d"
mqtt:
  password: xxx
serial:
  port: tcp://core-silabs-multiprotocol:9999

What do you think. Did I mess completely up or there is some kind of solution?
Of course I know that i would need to rebuild Zigbee network but I have only 10 devices so it is not a problem.

Don’t.

If you want to use Thread don’t use that. The (Thread) devs recommend against it and instead recommend to use Apple or Google devices (depending on whether you’re an Apple or Google house).

The latest version of that add-on also has known problems with Z2M.