Third Reality joins Works with Home Assistant

As a renter their over-toggle smart switches have been invaluable for controlling the ceiling fans completely locally. Pairs with Z2M flawlessly and I am looking forward to more of their products in the future.

1 Like

I have as yet not been able to pair one single Third Reality device with a Conbee and Deconz - I guess they work with ZHA, and maybe this means I need to migrate, but they do not seem to “comprehensively” work with Home Assistant :frowning:

Deconz Sees the devices, but they never make it through to Phoscon to be manageable

Does anyone have any pointers on how to get these working with a Conbee, Deconz an Phoscon?

Been using the motion sensors for close to a year now. Very reliable, they have a 30 second cool down time. I have 7 of these in operation at the current time.

1 Like

Deconz is an addon but has nothing to do with HA. HA has no control over deconz so that is meaningless.

Will the Third Reality company provide an firmware OTA provider server or repository for its Zigbee devices and a code patch to add Zigbee OTA firmware images to ZHA integration via the zigpy library that it depends on? Please see request → 3reality OTA provider for Third Reality branded Zigbee devices · Issue #1078 · zigpy/zigpy · GitHub

2 Likes

I just recently switched from deconz and I did have the motion sensors paired successfully with it and they worked great. I think they were supported as of 2.18.0 or 2.18.1 so make sure you’re up-to-date.

Moving to Zigbee2MQTT wasn’t horrible even with almost 90 devices. I went to a Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 coordinator so I ran both as the same time and moved devices over a few at a time so it wasn’t overwhelming.

Thank you Steve, I have gone down the same path with ZHA and Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 coordinator (and a second one to extend range) - The sensors in question are working well, I am really happy to be off the cell batteries with ThirdRelaity, I’ve placed a couple of their contact sensors in my mailbox and parcel box and am enjoying in-home announcements of the arrival of my Christmas shopping :slight_smile:

I appreciate the encouraging remarks