This entity does not have a unique ID

it doesn’t really matter because light, cover, etc groups are configurable through the UI in 2022.4 when it releases. Only groups in the group domain won’t have a unqiue_id.

As with most problems in HA there are many answers, so I will be as specific as possible in this question.

I used YAML to connect my SWANN cameras to HA and can use them as previews and live feeds in dashboards.

Since using Dwains dashboard i found I really need to set the area each camera is in.
Because of the unique id problem HA will not allow this so how do i set the area in YAML ?

You can’t. Your entity needs a unique id.

Ok i figured out I could use pretty much the same format that I used in YAML and bring my cameras into HA with generic camera and then it would let me assign them to a room or area. Thank you for the answer and I home this helps someone else.

1 Like

How do you add a reading from a sensor without an unique ID to Grafana? I’ve struggled with this before like 10 times, searched around, found an answer, forgot what it was, and started over again lol.

But admittedly, I am a real noob.

I don’t use grafana, but it has been around longer than unique ids, so there must be a way.

This is the most recent stuff I have seen on Grafana Statistics in Home Assistant with InfluxDB and Grafana - YouTube - I don’t normally encourage youtube tutorials, but perhaps worth a look.

1 Like

Thanks!

I got it to work adding something like “unique_id: aaa_bbb_ccc” to the the modbus configuration.

2 Likes

I tried to find a solution in all the responses but it is really not clear.
I have the same problem with my Dyson air purifier hot and cool.
I added it succesfully, it worked and on a day it gave me this message:

I tried to find a way to solve it but I didn’t find it so I deleted the Dyson configuration/integration.
This worked but all entities are not gone
They are still in my list??

And as you can see I cannot do anything with them. They are in error mode and you cannot change them or delete them or whatever

When I try to add the dyson integration again, this also doesn’t work anymore.
I get this message when I want to install it:

So I have the feeling that i am completely f*cked now.

Can anyone tell me clearly what I can do please?
I am new in the whole configuration and IT business but I try to learn so please explain me the steps how to solve this.

Thank you.

Regards

Then do as it says and provide the address.

Edit: is this a custom integration? Ask on the author’s GitHub.

I’m using the Dyson integration below without those problems. This repo is a continuation of a different integration that is no longer maintained.