Tile Card to support features for climate entities

Removed and reposted under Swipe card topic.

Looks like this will be added to the next release. Just tested it and it looks and works great!
2023.9: Beta release notes - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

Thanks for notifying, the screenshots indeed look amazing!

This new functionality was mostly added to 2023.09, and it’s great, but the one thing lacking from this tile is a display of current temperature.

The default tile shows the climate mode (cool, heat, etc), and ‘features’ adds ability to control temperature set point and mode, but I don’t see anywhere to show the current temperature anywhere on the same tile.

Sure, I can add another tile for the temperature, but there’s so much blank space at the top row of this card where it displays the current mode, it feels like there should be an option to put it next to there (above the features/controls)

type: tile
entity: climate.thermostat
features:
  - type: target-temperature
  - type: climate-hvac-modes
    hvac_modes:
      - 'off'
      - heat
      - cool
      - heat_cool

Should I submit this as a new request?

I’m testing the new (2023.10) Tile for climate entities.
Although looking amazing and being an improvement over the previous one, having now the presets directly in the interface as buttons or dropdown, I miss the lack of current temperature display that the Mushroom Climate Card has…

Hopefully they’ll think about including it.

5 Likes

I completely agree. Additionally, the documentation says about the climate-hvac-modes: “List of modes to show on the card. The list can contain auto, heat_cool, heat, cool, dry, fan_only and off.” I’m missing the option to switch between my three heating presets eco, comfort and boost which are defined by Versatile Thermostat by @jmcollin .

auto, heat_cool, heat, cool, dry, fan_only are hvac-modes.
eco , comfort and boost are presets. This is two different things.

Oh, I see. Can you suggest a card which will:

• display current temperature
  • display target temperature
  • option to manually change the target temperature
  • option to change from one preset to the other
  • option to turn off the heating

Ideally this card has a compact format, as I’d need to display quite a few of them next to each other and I’d want to have all heating settings easily accessible from a smartphone display with as little scrolling as possible. Thanks!

custom:simple-thermostat (GitHub - nervetattoo/simple-thermostat: A different take on the thermostat card for Home Assistant ♨️) as already added into the readme. You will be able to have some full featured card like:

Capture d’écran 2023-10-07 à 09.02.22

1 Like

I (personally) think it looks awful, and it wouldn’t blend into my interface at all so I’m okay with waiting for a while and see if they add the Temperature to the Tile card or add the Presets to the Mushroom card.
Otherwise, time for some hands-on customisation.

or time for contribution in order to add what is missing :wink:

I couldn’t agree more,
I like those new tiles and would like to use them, but as of now it is missing important information

also check that the mode is heat while the current state is idle
so I would prefer Idle - 17.3 C here,
So I also know that my heating is turned off.

1 Like

There is this component : GitHub - KartoffelToby/better-thermostat-ui-card: a custom card for a better thermostat in home assistant based on ai_thermostat intigration
But it seems to work only with the Better Thermostat.

If someone, is able to fork and makes it compatible for every thermostat (and also the Versatile Thermostat) it would be great.

I didn’t try so maybe it is working out the box.

“Custom state content for Tile cards” seems to be coming in 2023.11 :smiley:
Add support for state content customization in tile card by piitaya · Pull Request #18180 · home-assistant/frontend (github.com)

I upgraded to 2023.11 yesterday. Last changed or current temperature is not available in the tile card for me. The hide state switch is not available either. In fact, it doesn’t look any different than before the upgrade. I’ve deleted and re-added the tile just in case. Still no change.

Home Assistant 2023.11.0
Supervisor 2023.10.1
Operating System 10.5
Frontend 20231005.0 - latest

Does anyone know if there a dependency for this or if it’s relying on a specific attribute that I may not have with my thermostat? I’m using a GoControl GC-TBZ48 by Nortek Security & Control LLC

Hi There, I’m having the same results. I’ve also tried deleting and re-adding tile.

Just updated and it automatically added the current temperature to my existing thermostat tile card (ecobee via homekit), along with options to customize the displayed attributes.

Core	2023.11.1
Supervisor	2023.10.1
Frontend	20231030.1

Surprised that no one mentioned the missing fan speed option?
I can’t be the only one who wants to change the fan speed without clicking on the more-info link.

This is how I had it laid out right now with simple thermostat card:

2 Likes

Thank you, I was getting frustrated as the feature didn’t seem to work for me… I kept wondering why I was the only one for who it didn’t work.

Hi there,

Any idea how to align “target temp slide bar” to the right with a tile card like done with a Custom Climate Card?

Custom Climate card:

Tile Card: