Tile Component having some problems lately?

I managed to have the Tile Component working for a while now. Now with all the various updates lately it seems to be crapping out.
Logfile below.
No rush. Packing up the Hass.io tinkering session for the night.

2018-03-18 23:20:04 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Error setting up platform tile
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py”, line 141, in _new_conn
(self.host, self.port), self.timeout, **extra_kw)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py”, line 60, in create_connection
for res in socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, socket.SOCK_STREAM):
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/socket.py”, line 745, in getaddrinfo
for res in _socket.getaddrinfo(host, port, family, type, proto, flags):
socket.gaierror: [Errno -3] Try again

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 601, in urlopen
chunked=chunked)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 346, in _make_request
self._validate_conn(conn)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 850, in _validate_conn
conn.connect()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py”, line 284, in connect
conn = self._new_conn()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py”, line 150, in _new_conn
self, “Failed to establish a new connection: %s” % e)
urllib3.exceptions.NewConnectionError: <urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x73339f50>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again

File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 440, in send
timeout=timeout
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py”, line 639, in urlopen
_stacktrace=sys.exc_info()[2])
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py”, line 388, in increment
raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause))
urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘production.tile-api.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/v1/clients/94a6b449-70b9-4f96-8530-10f6b6e4792b (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x73339f50>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’,))

File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/init.py”, line 188, in async_setup_platform
disc_info)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 332, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 250, in _wakeup
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/futures.py”, line 245, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/tile.py”, line 48, in setup_scanner
TileDeviceScanner(hass, config, see)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/tile.py”, line 68, in init
config_data[‘client_uuid’])
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pytile/client.py”, line 26, in init
self.confirm_client()
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pytile/client.py”, line 44, in confirm_client
‘user_device_name’: ‘pytile Client’
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pytile/api.py”, line 52, in put
return self.request(‘put’, url, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pytile/api.py”, line 30, in request
resp = method(full_url, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 566, in put
return self.request(‘PUT’, url, data=data, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 508, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/sessions.py”, line 618, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/adapters.py”, line 508, in send
raise ConnectionError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘production.tile-api.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/v1/clients/94a6b449-70b9-4f96-8530-10f6b6e4792b (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x73339f50>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’,))

If simple detection is all you need there are alternatives:

Not really. I choose Tile because of location services and for the availability of a Hass.io component . When it was working, it did so quite well enough for me to set up zones for work and home and a few other locations. It’s too bad the component seems to be crapping out with no explanation.

Tiles do flake in & out for up to a minute sometimes, even just sitting there without obstructions.

I get that. I don’t think the error logs are a reflection of that. It looks more like an inability to connect to Tile services. Perhaps they’ve changed the services they offer?

If you have identified an issue you need to post them to the github page associated with the component. Developers don’t much hang around here.

I figured. I wanted to make a quick check if it was everybody or just me before I pushed it “upstairs”.

Hello,

I am also thinking of activating the Tiles integration with HassIO 0.91.0. Are the problems you mentioned earlier still lurking around or solved yet.

Last time I tried I did have the problem of my old/deactivated/disabled tiles also showing up, later on I learned I can hide them with a parameter in the configuration.yaml file, or else I can email Tile customer support to disassociate old disable tiles from my account. Never tried it afterwards though.

Are you still using the tiles integrations and making some useful automation out of it.

Thanks.