Time Stamp Class Sensor

It is a compressed file, you can extract the contents using 7zip or similar to get at what is in it. But you’d have to find a way to get the file in the config directory. This thread may be of help as it is about how to use the cli to edit the configuration.yaml.

You could use it to put the basics in and reboot, and from there try to get it back to what is should be.

Would it be better to reset my home assistant yellow device and start over… then i might be able to restore the backup file.

what do you think?

That depends on how old the backup is. If it is just configuration.yaml and you can put it back, you lose nothing. If you restore the backup you’ll lose everything since the backup, provided it is indeed a working complete backup. If you cannot get the backup to work, you’re back to square one. You can always do that if getting configuration.yaml back does not work.

1 Like

it is a full backup file about 600 MB. it dates back to 4 or 5 months back.
i will check i first i can retrieve the configuration file as you advised earlier

Hi. Back to this subject.
the code here did work.

Thank you for your help

I’m still baffled as to why my code didn’t work for you… And now petro’s too? now I am wondering if you have the wrong time zone set for your home assistant… is that possible?

Is your time zone utc+3?

Because any time in the past minus now will be a negative timedelta.

Huh. I thought the sensor gave the next prayer time. So that it should never be time in the past. but then i admit I’m not familiar with the prayer time sensors.

Sorry I was thinking backwards, you had that part correct. The reason yours doesn’t work is that the result will have microseconds which means it won’t be equal to the left side of the equation.

1 Like