Time sync issue

Hope this is the right place to post.

My HA instance seems to be about 16 seconds different from my laptop. I’ve double checked and my laptop is running correctly. (I know there’s a second difference here, but I’d blame that on screen shot lag.)

However, my HA instance is “way” off. Note that my system time (correct) is already at 2 min 12 sec. past noon, when my HA time is still not at 12:02 (the now() command only updates every minuite, so the delay here is at least 12 seconds, by visual estimation closer to 15/16 seconds.

This problem is also confirmed on my dashboards:

I’ve looked through the forum, however, I only really find this post. That, however, will not work for me (I think) since I’m running HA on a x86-PC.

Can anybody help? I know I can hardcode a fix for the specific card (using sync_issues: fix) but that’s not really the “real” solution, is it…

Here’s my setup:

Thanks!

So it seems I was able to fix some of the sync problems by re-setting the static DHCP IP for my HA instance.

However, now the delay still is around 0.6 seconds.

I’m running on a RPI4. Been trying to sync it for ages, I’ve scoured the forums for help, I’m lost. Every now and again it will sync on it’s own, but anytime there’s a power outage, issue returns. All time based automations out of sync.

The issue is somewhat related to your network. HA reaches out to NTP servers to sync the time. If you’re having issues syncing the time, it’s because HA can’t reach the NTP server. I.e. Something on your network is blocking it. I have firewall rules in place to allow HA to access my national NTP server. This is all done on your router/gateway.

I can ping time1.google.com, and 0.pool.ntp.gov as well from the terminal, so in my understanding it should be working, right? I did create the timesync file on /etc/systemd/timesyncd.confwith the default settings. It didn’t exist before. No effect.
Our default ntp configuration look like:
[Time]
NTP=time1.google.com time2.google.com time3.google.com
FallbackNTP=0.pool.ntp.org 1.pool.ntp.org 2.pool.ntp.org 3.pool.ntp.org