Timers in Lovelace, remaining time not working fine?

Hi there,

I’m trying to setup some timers for the Air Conditioner to work, and one thing I’m really interested in is the “restart” feature.

AFAIK, for a restart, when a timer is working, I just need to send the “start” event again, with the amount of time I want to get, and the timer will go from that time (AKA, if timer remaining time is 30 seconds, and I request start with 1 minute, I’ll get 1 minute instead of the 30 seconds), and that works. However, if I’m checking timer from lovelace, and I request the restart, timer won’t change, and when it get to zero… it just stop counting although the timer is shown as active (AKA, status is fine, as is active, but counter is not, as it shows 30 secs, and will show nothing after those 30 secs).

Am I doing something wrong, is that how it works or is a bug?

Cheers!

See here Display remaining seconds of timer in frontend - #15 by klogg

I think it is a bug albeit one that you can work around (albeit in a way that is as usual with work arounds in HA, a bit clunky).

LOL, thanks…

Interestingly, I’ve checked the PR and even though is merged, I don’t know in which version of HA was that included, as it was merged on July, but I’m in 0.97.1 and the bug is still there… I’ll check the button-card and your clunky workaround too :smiley:

Regards

I think there are two separate things going on here…

Which I think the PR is for, and

Which I think, is still the same and the one you (and I) would like fixed!! :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s exactly what I was reporting xD