Timezone is correctly set however graphs are showing in UTC

My timezone is 11hours head of UTC so this result is correct

However, my graphs are all in UTC

What on earth is going on here?

Same exact problem since updating last night. Something broke. I’ve already checked all the time zones on both my NAS and in HA and have restarted everything. Still off. I also noticed that the time zone was changed in HA on it’s own and currency was set to EUR. But those might be unrelated.

1 Like

I just fixed this by doing a full backup and restore.

Now back to normal.

Weird.

Edit: just checked again and the graphs are back to UTC again! not fixed!

1 Like

Yea I’m not about to do that. There has too be a solution besides a nuke.

1 Like

OK it appears that it resolved it’s self a few minutes after a full reboot. :s Very weird.

It is showing correct on the app but not Firefox. Edge shows the correct time too. I tried clearing the cache and deleted the cookies for that IP address. no effect.

1 Like

I’m at loss as to why this is happening.

2 Likes

OK, i think we have hit the nail on the head here.

appears to be a bug in home assistant that affects graphs when accessed via web browser.

While when accessing using web browser, all graphs and history are displayed in UTC.

Same graph when viewed on my mobile via the iOS app which formats perfectly.

1 Like

Seems OK using Safari on a Mac.

1 Like

all web browsers for me

raised an issue

1 Like

Very strange. Here’s mine:

1 Like

Interesting,

I am on a family members laptop that they are a bit late in updating their apps.

I updated google chrome from Version 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)
to Version 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (x86_64)
and that fixed the issue for chrome.

Firefox 73.0.1 (64-bit) - graphs incorrectly shown in UTC
upgraded firefox to 93.0 (64-bit)
and that fix the issue for Firefox

Edge works fine for me. Havent tried chrome. I thought maybe firefox got hosed, but firefox is correctly reporting date, tz, and time in the console. I’ve cleares cache, cookies, and restarted both the pc and the browser.

So I just updated firefox and it fixed the issue for me. :s this is some weird stuff.

1 Like

I am also on a Mac (Early 2011 MacBook Pro) which cannot upgrade any higher than macOS 10.13.6

The highest safari version that is allowed on macOS 10.13.6 is
Safari Version 13.1.2 (13609.3.5.1.5)
which was Released 15 July 2020
For reference, the latest version of safari is 15.0 released in 20 Sept 2021

When I access home assistant using version 13.1.2 of safari, all the times are still shown incorrectly in UTC.
The only way to view home assistant properly on this old mac is to use chrome or firefox instead.

So it would seem HA has recently introduced an incompatibility with older browsers. Might still be worth following up I guess.

3 Likes

Useful if people could add any further detail they have on the issue here.

2 Likes