🚽 Toilet Exhaust Fan - Time Delay - Trigger Wait Time - Time

Thank you for a nice set of Blueprints.

I’m using the Toilet Exhause Fan blueprint. The complication is my ON/OFF switch actually has the power control for the fan built-in. So if someone turns OFF the switch then the fan stays OFF.

Question: If someone turns OFF the fan switch while it’s running, How do I make the fan turn back on, if the timer is still counting down?

Edit : I’m using v2. 0
Not clear to me whether v.2.x updates have a way to override the human who turns OFF the switch, but I want it to run for the full timer amount of time.

@ralph.ralph

Currently there is no way to turn the fan back ON if the switch is turned OFF.

Blacky :smiley:

Thanks, I’m curious though … The “switch” is a wireless smart switch that reports it’s power state to HA, its power can be turned ON/OFF thru HA, and ALSO the bathroom user can push the switch buttons ON/OFF (the entity state change reported to HA). The switch = Lutron PD-8ANS-XX

What we want is for the fan to always remain on during the delay time. If the switch entity state changes to OFF during delay time for any reason, then the Blueprint should turn it back ON.

Maybe you could point me to where in your Blueprint code I could look to see about altering it to force ON always during delay time?

Edit: thinking about it, maybe it would require re-entrance of the code, or else some nested looping. Maybe not yet possible with Blueprint YAML?

New update 2.6

:new: New Feature

• Collapsible Sections - Added collapsible sections to the blueprint. This enhancement improves the blueprint user interface by making it cleaner and more organized, allowing sections to be collapsed.

:warning: This feature was introduced in Home Assistant 2024.6, so you must have this version or later for the blueprint to work.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning: