Mail and Packages: Custom component for UPS, FEDEX, and USPS

Okay I do not have a mail_and_packages folder there. I am guessing it is because I am entering the wrong path during the integration setup because I am getting errors saying no such file exists. I will keep trying thanks for the help so far.

You can remove/re-add the integration to reconfigure it.
Still working on the ability to make those changes without having to remove/re-add.

Yup that’s what I did. I managed to get rid of the errors so I think I got it pointed at the correct folder but it is not creating any mail_today.gifs so I am must still have something screwed up.

Is there an existing file called “mail_today.gif” in the path you specified? May need to create it as sometimes I’ve had permissions issues when an integration is trying to create a file as opposed to updating it.

On top of @fuzzymistborn’s suggestion you can try the steps from this post to see what if any errors are occurring.

It is definitely a permissions issue with UnRaid/Docker. When I access the share it wont let me edit the custom_components/mail_and_packages folder to create a mail_today.gif so I think that is the problem. I am going to keep playing with it but I wanted to post here incase anyone else encounters the same thing. Other then the image the sensors are all working fine.

1 Like

Posted 0.1.3-b0:

• Add ability to reconfigure integration without having to remove and re-add (#53)
  • Added additional error catching to various server calls (#50)

It’s posted as a beta.
To show betas click the “3 dots”:

Click Show Beta

Are those screenshots what HACS looks like?

Yes sir it is

Thanks for this, but is there any chance we can get a list of the items in the packages?

That information isn’t in the emails provided by FedEx/USPS/UPS so very very unlikely.

But its in the amazon emails that I get…

Amazon is not a monitored shipping provider at this time. Please feel free to add it to the GitHub repository as a feature request.

1 Like

Not only that but from my experience it just lists one item and then has a link to the order details. To me it feels like this may be better as a separate component that checks your amazon account than part of this package, but that’s my 2 cents.

1 Like

Anyone else testing the beta version(s)?
I haven’t had packages to 100% test the updated/fixed package counts.

Yes, I have it in my testing instance.

I have a USPS package that was delivered this afternoon and it is showing correctly that 1 item was delivered and 0 are in transit. The USPS delivering sensor correctly shows that 1 package was being delivered at 8:04 AM and drops to 0 after the delivered occurred at noon.

However, 3/8 (11:54 AM) I was sent an email for the expected delivery on 3/9 which was incorrectly picked up as in transit. USPS packages, USPS delivering, and in transit all showed 1, which is programmatically correct. Looking through past notifications the subjects that are sent out before the expected delivery date use ‘USPS® Expected Delivery by’ and were sent out a few days before. On this occasion it was sent the day before and used ‘USPS® Expected Delivery on’ which is what we have in the phrase to match.

I can’t be sure if they have ceased using ‘by’ for alerting of package deliveries before the delivery day or if this is a one off.

1 Like

I’ll keep an eye on my USPS packages emails to see if there’s a change as well.

Posted 0.1.3-b2 in beta:

• Adds Amazon package sensor (new)
  • Really fixed negative transit package count this time :stuck_out_tongue:
2 Likes

UPDATE: I posted on GitHub as well because I don’t know where people watch… I can delete either if requested.

Trying to setup the Mail and Packages custom component via HACS.
So far everything looks good - but for some reason the sensors are not picking up anything (aka everything is 0). I have had this going for over a week, and received multiple packages from USPS and Fedex - and sensors never tick up from 0.

Today I have a package in route via Fedex and see the email for it. I updated to the BETA just to be sure and still not seeing anything.

Here is my setup (thanks to the beta branch):

Since I am not using the INBOX, but a custom Mail folder, do I need to put it in differently? The integration says it connects successfully, so I expect that means it can reach the account. Is there something I am missing?

I did check the logs, and all it reports is No mail found.

Thanks!
DeadEnd

PS. Saw that Amazon is going to be added - but haven’t found where to turn on email notifications… only Alexa which I don’t use. Look forward to this addition once I get it working!!

Investigating this, I’ll reply to the bug report once I get a lead for you.