TP-Link Bulbs and Switches not working?

I come home from business and see that HA doesn’t see any of my switches or bulbs. I read that in the UK the API was cut off,is that happening here also?

The TP-Link integration doesn’t even see any devices anymore.

I just picked up 2 switch this weekend as they were on sale. When I searched for the integration I came across this. I think I’m going bring them back because the fix doesn’t seem like it’s permanent.

1 Like

That sucks. I have around 10 switches and 5 bulbs, looks like I need to find an alternative. Was the latest firmware version for the actual devices? Mine aren’t showing any available update. Do you have any products in mind you are considering?

I didn’t really have a specific use for them, they were more of an impulse buy because they were 14 dollars. I’m in an older building where the switches are few, so for the most part I use bulbs with the Ikea remotes. These are the first switches I bought.

To add as far as bulbs, Im using lifx on the exterior and a mix of philips wiz bulbs and wled modules inside. All of them have been very reliable so far.

Well,my issue had nothing to do with the API. I noticed that when I did a scan of my Network,all my devices weren’t showing up. I did some digging and saw where the 2.4ghz channel was auto and on ch.2. I changed that to my Normal Ch 11 and all my switches,bulbs,etc came back on line. Not sure If I’m still a lucky one,but as of now,things are ok.

Haven’t had any issues with my 20 devices. You do need to ensure your network has stability. I also did a reservation for each Kasa/TP-Link and also hard coded those IPs into my configuration.yaml file. They have been the most stable devices in my since doing the above.