TP-Link Kasa devices "unavailable" and not discoverable

Hi!

I just installed a UPS to my system, which means that I had to bring down my router and HA server. But when I turned everything back up, all my TP-Link devices was “unavailable”. Restarted HA severals times but still did not fix.

So I decided to delete the integration (maybe I shouldn’t have?) and tried to redo the whole thing again. But now, I cannot discover any devices. Running the integration (without specifying a host) returns a “Aborted: No device found on the network”. When I specified a host (one of my switch IP address), it says “Failed to connect to host”.

All my TP-Link devices are still controllable via the TP-Link Kasa app.

How can I rediscover the devices?

Thx!

1 disconnect and reconnect the power to devices
2 Check the devices have the latest version via Kasa apk

Yup, rebooted all my switches (by turning power off and on) and the router and HA. Firmware seems to be on the latest version, as reported in the app. Reset some plugs and re-added to the network via the Kasa app.

1 Like

Oh interesting. Would it work even if I don’t have a physical SmartThings hub? They didn’t mention it.

just login to the Tp link /Kasa Smart.
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2556/

Oh nevermind then. Didn’t even touch the SmartThing app. It just suddenly work. Got a notification of “New Devices Discovered” and there it was.

I could say that the issue is solved but how, idk. Would be cool to know how it fixed itself. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

But your advice could be helpful for next time: