TP Link light bulb not applying color_temp from scene?

I’ve got a couple of TP-Link Bulbs all integrated correctly into HA, however when I set up a scene with them, the stored color_temp value isn’t applied with the rest of the scene, instead having the light default to a default warm white colour. I can adjust the color_temp of the bulbs perfectly fine through the web UI, but it seems the scene just ignores the set color_temp.

Any ideas?

I’m experiencing the same.

I tried applying the color temp within the YAML file, and it is ignored when you review the settings of the device within the interface. Color temp is ignored when applied to individual devices, or to an entire entity group.

Any progress on whether this is intentional, a bug or going to be fixed? Anyone have a work around?

Thanks!

I am still running into this issue. It seems whenever the scene is called, it just sends a command to turn them on to specific value to tp-link, and tp link just turns them on to the default on state set in the kasa app

It’s not just TP Link. I’m having a similar experience with Osram Lightify light strip.

Check in dev-tools for the light. Check the attributes there. You can only use the same attributes in a scene. So for one of my milights…

So I can set brightness but not brightness percent, color_temp but not Kelvin etc
This will vary for every light type

This is super helpful. I didn’t realize this at all. Thank you! For context, pasting my attributes below. Also, no brightness percent…

Yeah so you can include any of those attributes in a scene…

Not sure if anyone is still interested in this topic, or if DavidFW’s advice had solved Dean Kellham’s problem. I had noted this anomaly with my TP-Link bulbs some time back, and I was always using the right attributes & values. It turns out that when one of these bulbs is turned on, it defaults to its last ‘on’ settings. If you turn it on again (while still on), it will use the settings.

It’s an ugly kluge, but this script will do the trick:

tplink_lights_on:
  sequence:
    - service: scene.apply
      data:
        entities:
          light.tplink_color_bulb_1:
            state: on
    - service: scene.apply
      data:
        entities:
          light.tplink_color_bulb_1:
            state: on
            brightness: 255
            rgb_color:

Thank you GSS, this worked for me. Pretty annoying as I had to convert my “scenes” to “scripts”.
I wanted to elaborate:

1. Create scripts for each of the states for the light. I made three, “warm”, “cool_bright” and “cool_dim”. Easiest way is using file editor and scripts. If you use the “scripts” page you have to enter the two services separately.
  2. Call the scripts from other scripts. In my case I already had scenes set up for the other lights in the room, so my script applied the “scene” for the other lights and then called the script for the color bulb.

It seems like it may be necessary to delete the blank “data: {}” from each of these script sections - click on the three dots, edit YAML, and delete that line.
  3. Reload scripts.yaml using Configuration - Server Controls - Reload Scripts
  4. Set up a button or something to call the script.