Tradfri unstable as hell

Hi there,

Since a couple of days my Tradfri integration is more or less broken. After a restart of the home-assistant software everything works fine but after about two hours later the integration is broken. Home assistant does’nt get any information about states and home assistant cannot toggle states.

Nevertheless the Ikea app for the cellphone still works like a charm, so do the sensors and dimmers…

What I’ve tried so far:

• Of course dhcp always assigns a fixed IP to the tradfri gateway
  • I’ve tried with discovery and with fix configured IP in the configuration file
  • I’ve tried to remove and add the gateway again.
  • the gateway is also reachable by the ‘something wired(wrong domain)’ name found out by discovery
  • I’ve checked the log. There is no single line containing tradfri (grep -i) when connection is lost.
  • It used to work for around half a year … and is broken since a week or two

Anyone else has this problems?

Kind Regards
Robert

I also have this problem.
I’m running HA in a Docker container.

Tried version 0.69.1 and 0.70.0.

0.69.1 - works fine
0.70.0 - bug reproducible

Seem the the regression was made from 0.69.1 to 0.70.0.

Experiencing this in 0.87.1 as well, wife acceptance factor is way down as ‘nothing’ works whenever we check status or want to control lights. I.E. lights controllable in Ikea App but light status unavailable in HA ui and is not controllable. Need to do a HA server restart to get status/control with the Ikea gateway/lights again. This happens multiple times a day, thus effectively reducing WAF to a minimum.

Any idea what firmware your hub is on? I’m on 1.4.15 and haven’t had any issues in quite some time.

I’m having the exact same experience. Everything works fine in the IKEA app, but in Home Assistant I can’t even see the actual status (e.g. when a light is on, it will sometimes show as off or the other way around or worse unavailable). Controlling the lights is really annoying because of this.

At first I thought it was an issue with Lovelace, because I’ve been having these issues ever since I migrated to Lovelace (somewhere in December), I think. Later I thought it might be the slider-entity-row plugin, which I’ve actually been using ever since I started using Lovelace. I was actually thinking of removing that plugin today and simply using the default toggle to turn my lights on and off (without adjusting the brightness). Just to see if that would fix it (haven’t done that yet, though).

Now that I read your comment I start to think that it might not be my Lovelace config, but the Tradfri component itself or something related.

Even though @silvrr hasn’t had any issues, I have the same issues as @frafall and I’m also on firmware 1.4.15. So, not sure what the issue is. I’m currently on 0.87.0 btw.

Edit: Also, forgot to mention… that just like @oleg-fiksel I’m also on Home Assistant in a Docker container and have been having this issue at least since 0.80+ (might even be longer ago, not sure). I really started to notice this around the migration to Lovelace, because most of my lights turn on and off through automations.

Two variables I thought of.

My hub cannot reach anything outside my network. I have it blocked at the router from internet access.

I don’t use the provided power supply. I’m running the hub off a POE splitter and the power comes from my network switch.

I am running the docker image as well, firmware is 1.4.15, I have had this problem a while.

I installed https://github.com/alex3305/hass-components-debug which somewhat helps on the situation but still have issues a few times a day,.

1 Like

Ive had this issues a while (since 0.88-ish)… It’s ok after a reboot, then fairly quickly get slower, and hass stops showing correct states, and stuff generally gets to the point where its useless. Highly annoying when you have lots of IKEA bulbs around the house, and automations become useless. I’m running on a PI3+, and its been very snappy before this started. I don’t really see any errors related to it.

I’ve also got the same issue starting around the same time, run it on a Ubuntu VM though. Tradfri works for about a day until it stopps working via GA (trådfri app is always working though, only HA is having issues).

I’ve seen some discussions regarding the issues but nothing much is happening afaik. Should probably file a bug report…

Actually bought a Phillips hue starter kit this past weekend just to see if I can run the ikea bulbs more stable via the hue hub instead.

Shouldn’t be neccessary to run out and buy Philips HUBS :smiley: The devs need to look at this, a LOT of people have ikea tradfri. And it’s obviously a hass ikea component issue, seeing how the IKEA app is working reliably.

What about allowing the Xiaomi Gateway to expose the IKEA Traadfri Bulbs?
That Gateway has been rock solid as well.

Although, my Traadfri has been running smoothly over the past year, the only thing I’m not happy about is the range and the fact I cant add another gateway in HA.
So I would love to stick with the Xiaomi Gateway for my Traadfri Bulbs.

I did open a bug for the Tradfri issues I experienced, let’s see how that goes.

1 Like

You can do that now (for most bulbs at least). I just prefer the ikea gw as its completely off the grid (cloud).

it’s been working better lately, for unknown reasons.

So the Xiaomi Gateway now shows the IKEA Bulbs if paired with Xiaomi in HA?

I haven’t tried to pair them in Xiaomi, but it can be done in the Mi Home crappy app. I would assume they then will show in HASS.

Will try tomorrow.

So I added the IKEA E27 Bulb White Spectrum without any problems and I can control all of it within the Mi app.

But, after I reboot HA and the light gets exposed, then shortly after the light state is “on” it changes to “unavailable”.
I can still manage it in my Mi app, but HA kinda looses access/connection to the light.

The log also shows this, but when I check for updates I get no updates available.
Currently running: 1.4.1_167.0158

The device with sid b57fffef580fe isn’t supported of the used gateway firmware. Please update the gateway firmware if possible! This is the only way the issue can be solved.

Any ideas why?

Anyone got it working with the IKEA Bulbs and the Xiaomi Gateway?
I still get the error that the device isn’t supported and the gateway needs to be updated, even though it’s the newest?