Traeger WiFire Unofficial API Help Needed!

Do you mean this was your starting point? https://github.com/krbaker/traeger

Hi folks. This is amazing! Itā€™s working overall, but I am getting the ā€˜setā€™ temperature reporting twice, just like in @sebirdman photo, so when I bring it into a Lovelace (water heater) control card, I have it showing twice. Any thoughts on how to approach resolving this?

@lozza what card is that?

Thereā€™s some plans to change the entity from a water heater to a climate entity. Iā€™m going to experiement with that this weekend and see how that goes

thatā€™s the one!

thereā€™s a few small kinks i think iā€™d like to work out first, but itā€™s getting close!

This is the one I tried

Thanks for creating this, itā€™s working great so far for me. Iā€™m brand new to HASS and installed it primarily to run this plugin.

Cheers
Al

2021.6 is breaking this integration.

Anyone else running into this?

Unfortunately, yes. I really miss graphing temps.

I see youā€™ve already moved on to another solution but I feel you might still appreciate this. I ended up copying this project for my traeger which is a non-wifi model. It works wonderfully. PiSmoker | Engineered Musings

1 Like

Was this every fixed? It installed fine for me and briefly seemed to work but now everything is unavailable.

Playing with this a little more, it seems that you need to hit the connect and then the integration connects and everything populates. Weā€™re doing our first long smoke today so Iā€™ll be able to monitor it for a few hours.

Anyone know how to change the temperature units?
I have HA setup for C but would like to see the grill in F

Did you ever figure out how to remotely turn it on? Not having to wake up at 3 am to start it up would be super handy!

A little help with getting an alert when the smoke is almost done.

I have the below code but I keep getting the notification when the smoker isnā€™t even turned on, any thoughts?

alias: "Traeger Cook Timer: 10 Min left"
description: ""
trigger:
  - type: value
    platform: device
    device_id: ca7e158a4c32a0f2aca6c7c387b2822e
    entity_id: sensor.traeger_cook_timer_end
    domain: sensor
    below: 610
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 10
condition:
  - condition: device
    type: is_on
    device_id: ca7e158a4c32a0f2aca6c7c387b2822e
    entity_id: switch.traeger_connect
    domain: switch
action:
  - service: notify.pottshomebot
    data:
      message: There is 10 minutes left on the Traeger Cook timer.
mode: single