šŸ“ŗ Trakt.tv Plugin

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

thank you!!

1 Like

Trying this out now, great idea for a component, thanks. :slight_smile:

EDIT: After a HassOS update Iā€™ve got it installed and running now, I donā€™t have a huge amount of shows added yet but it seems to be working.

1 Like

Iā€™m loving this. I have it set up as a lovelace card via the upcoming media card and itā€™s great. Any chance youā€™d point me in the direction of how to use this information for a sensor? The sensor page doesnā€™t describe how to deal with json.

But what iā€™m thinking is that i should be following : [https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/mqtt/processing_json/](http://this guide on processing JSON for mqtt?). I started trying to do that, but ran into some difficulty.

I put ā€˜value_jsonā€™, and use ā€˜dataā€™ as the attribute, and [1] to tell it to point it to the proper calendar event in the array? From there, then I tried to point it which string to find and pull out by saying ā€œtitleā€. I canā€™t figure out what I should be doing differently.

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      television_tonight:  
        value_template: '{{ value_json.data[1].'title'}}'

Just for context, hereā€™s the next on my calendar.

data: [{"title_default": "$title", "line1_default": "$episode", "line2_default": "$release", "line3_default": "$rating - $runtime", "line4_default": "$number - $studio", "icon": "mdi:arrow-down-bold"}, {"airdate": "2019-05-17T00:00:00Z", "release": "$day, $time", "flag": false, "title": "iZombie", "episode": "Five, Six, Seven, Ate!", "number": "S5E3", "rating": 7.0, "poster": "https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w500/q4nqNwAhzVR7JuYctrWJvUWz3xR.jpg", "fanart": "https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w780/d2YDPTQPe3mI2LqBWwb0CchN54f.jpg", "runtime": 45, "studio": "The CW"},

What do you want exactly? The next show?

yeah, Iā€™m trying to create a notification for shows that air tonight to send via telegram bot. So like name, episode number or title, and airtime. less important, but iā€™m also curious about how it might impact a bayesian sensor

It would probably better handled by the component itself as a separate sensor. What would you propose being in the sensor? Add it as a feature request on the repo.

okay will do. But tbh, I also saw this as a learning opportunity. is what I was aiming to do possible/ was i going in the right direction?

Iā€™ve never messed with template sensors all that much TBH. Iā€™m much more comfortable in Python or Javascript than Jinja :slight_smile:

ah okay, thanks for your time!

I think you are on the right path though, just need to get your sensorā€™s data object

- platform: template
    sensors:
      television_tonight:  
        value_template: '{{ state_attr('sensor.trakt_upcoming', 'data')[0].'title'}}'

Thanks for the great work!
Is there a way to recreate traktā€™s " Up next to watch"?

Found this closed issue but canā€™t seem to find a way to do this. Thanks

I did implement that on a test branch, but it is incredibly slow as it has to go through all your shows and all their history. You can give it a shot here: https://github.com/custom-components/sensor.trakt/tree/up-next

I have a weird problem with this plugin. For some reason If I have the sensor.py under /custom_components/trakt/ and also the sensor on my yaml the HA it doesnā€™t start. It restarts I have SSH access and i can see the files with samba share but no GUI, it shows that it cannot connect to HA. When iā€™m removing the sensor.py and the entry from yaml it logins just fine. Any ideas? I have 0.93.2 version and trakt and upcoming card up to date

You need all the files, especially the manifest

Of course I have all the files, but the ones I said are the ones that making the HA work again when I remove them from HA

I had the same problem but got it working again with these steps:

• delete .trakt.conf
  • restart HA (I then got a trakt.configurator notification)
  • generate a new OAuth PIN from Trakt to use in the configurator
2 Likes

I may have to give your solution a shot. I had to stop using Trakt several weeks ago as it brought HA to a screeching halt.

This along with new Trakt authorization app credentials fixed it for me.

Thanks!

Unfortunately the success was short-lived. HA cannot boot up. Checking Home Assistant log I get the below Trakt error over and over hundreds of times. A search of ā€œtraktā€ in my HA log brought up over 1000 entries. Had to disable Trakt custom component as HA would never come up. Obviously it has something to do with the Trakt authorization, but I have no idea how to stop this from happening.

File "/config/custom_components/trakt/sensor.py", line 81, in setup_platform
    continue_setup_platform(hass, config, token, add_devices, discovery_info)
  File "/config/custom_components/trakt/sensor.py", line 89, in continue_setup_platform
    add_devices([TraktUpcomingCalendarSensor(hass, config, token)], True)
  File "/config/custom_components/trakt/sensor.py", line 127, in __init__
    self.update()
  File "/config/custom_components/trakt/sensor.py", line 144, in update
    calendar = MyShowCalendar(days=self._days)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/trakt/calendar.py", line 31, in __init__
    self._get()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/trakt/core.py", line 455, in inner
    json_data = self._handle_request('get', url)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/trakt/core.py", line 432, in _handle_request
    raise self.error_map[response.status_code]()
trakt.errors.OAuthException: Unauthorized - OAuth must be provided

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 Like