Trigger Automation When Sensor Already Below Threshold

Hi there,

I’m trying to turn on the humidifier in the greenhouse when the humidity is < 80%. I also want the humidifier off between 23:30 and 8:30 as it is noisy.

The problem is that in the morning the humidity is usually < 80% and therefore the threshold isn’t crossed and the automation doesn’t get triggered.

How can I create an automation trigger that works in this condition?

I have attached a screenshot of my current automation

Create an automation with a time trigger of 08:30:00 and a numeric_state condition of below: 80

You can also add a 2nd trigger based on TIME at 08:30:01, as well as a condition that humidity < 80%.

This will keep it in one, single automation.

While a little counter-intuitive - adding triggers as conditions can be beneficial!

Create a template trigger with an entity id: sensor.time (so it triggers every minute)
List your time conditions, humidity conditions then use a service template to turn your switch on or off

We did one similar recently I’ll post the link

Thanks everyone, your responses are what I expected. It is frustrating that it’s not possible with a single trigger!

While waiting for responses I put in a trigger for every second to turn on the humidifier and added a condition that the humidity must be <80%.