Trouble discovering Legrand with Netatmo switches in ZHA

Hello,

Thanks for this procedure, it really helps me.
Now I’ve successfully paired 2 remote switch, unfortunately, I’m not able to use then in automation, I only get a binary_sensor and it’s state is not cahnging when I’m pressing buttons.
Could you share how you use it in automation ?

Thanks
Matthieu

Hello,
Sorry I don’t use ZHA anymore, I switched to Zigbee2MQTT, so I really can’t help you with that anymore.

Thanks for your return.
Do you still use Legrand device with Zigbee2MQTT ? Does it works fine ?
thanks

Yes I am. They worked mostly fine but I started having issues a couple of weeks ago and I still haven’t had the time to find out the root cause. Maybe due to a z2m update but not sure.

Hi Crocmagnon,

Thank you for your detailed instructions ! Did you used these celiane by legrand as a regular on/off switch or did you use them with the dimmer option ? if so, how did you managed to get access to all theses features ? Do they all appear once you’ve paired the switch ?

Thanks,
Léo

I’m using ControllerX | Create controller-based automations with ease to control your home devices and scenes. to provide the dimmer feature.

My configuration looks like this (I’m using z2m, not zha)

office_light:
  module: controllerx
  class: Legrand600083LightController
  controller: sensor.office_switch_action
  integration: z2m
  light: light.office_light
  merge_mapping:
    "on$2": on_full_brightness

This also allows me to turn on the light at full brightness by double clicking on the “on” button.

2 Likes

Thank’s Crocmagnon, I’m still on zha for the moment but i’m seriously thinking on switching to z2m. I’ll keep in mind your instruction when I’ll switch for z2m. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Here is my notes on Legrand switches + ZHA
I got two legrand kits 752150 (064888 relay + two 752185 switches), purchased a year ago and last week.
The first kit was paired to legrand gateway. 752185 switches firmware was upgraded to “60” (as I can see in Legrand control app) someday automatically.
I decided to pair the “new” second kit directly to HA via ZHA (with sonoff zigbee usb coordinator). I’ve managed to pair “new” 064888 relay to ZHA, but I couldn’t pair switches at all. They refused to enter pairing mode with reset button. So I paired both of them to Legrand gateway, that was ok, firmware was shown as “30”.
Then I managed to reset “old” v.60 switches with above procedure (pressing reset for 8 secs to get green led blinking) and paired them to ZHA succesfully.
The problem now is that the first ZHA paired switch generates both “on” and “off” events when I press on and off buttons, the second one generates only “toggle” events with any button pressed. WTF? They are the same models with the same “60” firmware, even manufacture date is the same, 21w07.

1 Like

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I managed to pair the device, using ZHA and the double binding method described above.
Now I get events that show up in the log:

How do I build an automation based on that?

1 Like

Hello!
I used a Legrand 7 522 85 wireless On/Off switch integrated in HA (Home Assistant 2023.1.0) with Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 Dongle Plus-E until last week.
When the switch worked fired ZHA event e.g.: device_ieee: 00:04:74:00:00:c1:c3:be, endpoint_id: 1, command: "off" and I was able to use it for automatization.
I had to change the battery and reconfigure to the system again. The switch is reconnected, but fire only "Checking event." Do not fire any events on push of the buttons. I tried to reconnect several time, with different way pushed the EZ button on the switch, but the reason is the same. I have a Legrand gateway as well and paired to this the switch. In the Legrand system the switch worked.

I reset and connected again to HA, the result same, no event fired.
Does anyone have similar experience or a solution be able to use the switch again?
Switch desription
The firmware on my switch: 60
Legrand developer site
Wireless Switch On / Off, Cloud type: NLTOO, Product type ZLE18 is declared ZigBee 3.0 compatible product.
Thanks for your response!

I’m having a similar issue. Switch is pairing fine with Zigbee, but not seeing any events.

Hi, resuming an old thread but i think is already actual.

I’m struggling connecting shutter Legrand Bticino, pairing with Conbee and ZHA seme to be ok, the entity works fine but the led continue blinking green for hours and after one day become uaccessible and i have to pair again.

The switch instead works fine with a purple led confirming the successfull pairing.

Someone could help??
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hello
I’ve the same problem than you. Did you find a solution ?
Thank
Greg

Oh boy, that was a long time ago…
I can’t really help with ZHA, because I switched to Zigbee2MQTT a while back.

I used Z2M direct bind function, to link the switch to a Zigbee group with my two Ikea light bulbs
I’m not using any advanced function to this switch. It just turns the light bulbs on or off.

Hey, I’m trying hard to associate a Legrand Valena Next shutter switch and I’m completely lost. I removed it from the official application and the LED blinked in blue. I went to HA’s Zigbee ZHA config and it was visible. After the initial setup, the LED turned red and it was like that for long time.

The device is configured, but the “last seen” info corresponds to the time I added it. So it disconnected soon after it was added and never went back.

Now, I took a look to the switch and it’s off, but it’s still unreachable for HA.

Can someone please help me? This is way too confusing. I’ve added other Zigbee devices before, but Legrand devices are impossible.

Thanks!

Where is the reset button? I have this switch for the shutters: https://www.legrand.es/productos/interruptor-persiana-conectado-valena-next-with-netatmo-blanco-741807a?category_id=159296