Trouble with Chromecast Audio different firmware versions

Yes, still issues with 0.59.2. I configured them manually with:

media_player:
  - platform: cast
    host: 192.168.x.x

When hass boots I sometimes hear the chime, but sometimes not.
Playing media isn’t working at all…

I am having the same issues, rolling back to .58.1…

on rolling back to 0.58.1 my chromecast devices are still not being discovered… :frowning:

For me the issues started under 0.58.1 when the cast firmware was updated to 1.28.100555. I think rolling back to 0.58.1 will therefore not solve the problem due to the new cast firmware.

Seems like were not the only ones:

Just an update, I upgraded my pychromecast to 1.0.3 as suggest by a few users on the GitHub and that has solved issues with my cast devices discovering using a manual configuration.

Confirmed!

Just upgraded pychromecast to 1.0.3 under Home Assistant 0.59.2. Both my manual configured devices (docker environment) are working again.

Chromecast Audio firmware: 1.29.106147
Google Home firmware: 1.29.106111

How did you upgrade pychromecast in the Docker image?

Hacky, but for now ok…

Go into the container:
docker exec -it <home assistant container id> bash

vi /usr/src/app/requirements_all.txt
Search and edit: pychromecast==1.0.3

vi /usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/media_player/cast.py
Search and edit: REQUIREMENTS = [‘pychromecast==1.0.3’]

From the Home Assistant GUI hit restart, Home Assistant will facilitate the package installation :slight_smile:

Hopefully they will update pychromecast in the next release of Home Assistant.

1 Like

My solution ended up being even uglier, as I didn’t have vi or any other editor I could think of installed in the image, so I edited both files from the Docker Overlay fs… but it works! Thanks :slight_smile:

Pychromecast is upgraded to 1.0.3 in Home Assistant 0.61 :slight_smile:

This problem is definitely solved, then! :+1:

HI, Just did the update and I am still experiencing issues. None of my cast devices are showing up.

I have 3 LG H5 and an SH6 Soundbar. I am using Home assistant in Docker (with host) on my Synology NAS

This was working before, but since all this change started none of my devices have reappeared.

We use this to service to notify us of medication times (for our nanny to give to our son) so this is rather frustrating that all this change has caused my devices to stop working…

The entries in my logs are as follows:

2018-01-15 17:13:58 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [pychromecast.socket_client] Failed to connect, retrying in 5.0s
2018-01-15 17:13:59 ERROR (SyncWorker_17) [pychromecast.socket_client] Failed to connect, retrying in 5.0s
2018-01-15 17:13:59 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setup of platform cast is taking over 10 seconds.
2018-01-15 17:14:00 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.media_player] Setup of platform cast is taking over 10 seconds.

Please can someone help?

There is definately something dodgy going on with cast… and I am not the only one… Media player not appearing

I would recommend annotating the cast component documetation with known issues until all these bugs have been ironed out…