Truma (Alde) Motorhome/RV integration

This looks great, I’ve been hoping for something like it for ages! Will be ordering an ESP32 and trying it out soon. Is it a work in progress or fully functional?

It works out of the box

1 Like

Just wanted to thank Magnus Christ for a really nice micropython github repository to allow Truma control. I don’t have HA in my RV (only at home…) - but nevertheless I was able to use this as a basis for a project to allow the use of a single button press to turn off room heating and heat the hot water, then set room heating back to the previous temperature (trying to heat the hot water while room heating is running is futile!). For my use case in the RV this works great!

I’m trying to spread the word here as well - if anyone know how I could get an Alde Smart Control, the intention is then looking to reverse engineer the protocol used between it and the Alde Control Panel

ok I’ve found a brand new Alde Smart Control and will be soon looking at the protocol used to set all the settings of the Alde

Is this cross compatable with Truma kit? (Owned by the same company and share some components). Ta

Where you able to get any information regarding the protocol?
I’m would also like to get hold of the protocol :slight_smile:

sadly not as had not time to really work on it - plus i’m planning changing my motorhome and the new one won’t probably based on ALDE

Hi, we have now ready-made box to control Truma (and probably Alde, not sure/tested yet). See more at Smartavan Heater Controller or just ask, we are just starting the sales and probably we do not have everything yet spelled out.

If you have Alde around, we are willing to send one or two for free just to try out.

Very exciting !!! I have an Alde 3020 (US model) and would love to try this out!

Nice job! I looked at the features and the content of the config file, it’s great!
I have a question regarding my Truma installation. In addition to the Truma 4, I have a Truma Aventa air conditioning connected to the inetbox which can be managed from the Truma CP Plus.
Do you think it would also be possible to get the controls and sensors for the air conditioning?

Yep, as this product is based on GitHub - Fabian-Schmidt/esphome-truma_inetbox: ESPHome component to remote control Truma CP Plus Heater and there is one service to set aircon temperature: GitHub - Fabian-Schmidt/esphome-truma_inetbox: ESPHome component to remote control Truma CP Plus Heater

And of course, more functions can be implemented, if needed.

1 Like