Trying to get info from my Ecoflow Delta Max battery

I’ve created another sensor that converts the total remainTime minutes in to days, hours and minutes to make for easier reading - it’s even grammatically correct about it.

template:
  - sensor:
      - name: EcoFlow Delta Pro - Friendly Remaining Time
        state: >
         {% set time = state_attr('sensor.ecoflow_delta_pro', 'remainTime') | int %}
          {% set days = (time / 1440) | int %}
          {% set leftover_minutes = time % 1440 %}
          {% set hours = (leftover_minutes / 60) | int %}
          {% set mins = time - (days*1440) - (hours*60) %}
          {%- if days > 0 -%}
            {%- if days == 1 -%}
              {% set output = days ~ " day " %}
            {%- else -%}
              {% set output = days ~ " days " %}
            {%- endif -%}
          {%- endif -%}
          {%- if hours > 0 -%}
            {%- if hours == 1 -%}
              {% set output = output ~ hours ~ " hour " %}
            {%- else -%}
              {% set output = output ~ hours ~ " hours " %}
            {%- endif -%}
          {%- endif -%}
          {%- if mins > 0 -%}
            {%- if mins == 1 -%}
              {% set output = output ~ mins ~ " minute" %}
            {%- else -%}
              {% set output = output ~ mins ~ " minutes" %}
            {%- endif -%}
          {% endif %}
          {{ output }}
        state_class: measurement
        unique_id: ecoflow_delta_pro_friendly_remain
        icon: mdi:update
        availability: "{{ state_attr('sensor.ecoflow_delta_pro', 'remainTime') | int(default=-100000) > -100000 }}"

And single digits (day in this case)

2 Likes

Thank you for the good work
I adapted it to my new River Pro.

Problem for the Data was that I have a lot of missreadings resulting in a lot or Zerro readings - commentong out the “else 0” statement solved that.

Hi, I’m currently thinking about getting an Ecoflow device to better use the energy from my mini solar system.

I had a look in the manual and it states that the charging speed can be set in the app. Has anyone tried to set the charging speed from HA? That would be really cool because I have exact information on the power that I have left over for charging.

Thanks to everyone taking the time to respond

I have now contacted their support team and found out that their API doesn’t provide any funtionality to control the device. They have forwarded the idea to their engineering team so maybe we will see this in the future.

Hi there,

Great !
The more people asking them to open more their API, the better !

Currently, all they gave was the ability of reading State of charge and Remaining time of charging/discharging but it could be so much more :-).

1 Like

So, I got my Delta MAX back from their support after it was stuck and decided to share my feedback on this.
The RMA was a bit painful but in the end all went well.
I’ve got my unit back plug it in, saw there was an update, click on the button, went away and came back, the unit seemed stuck again.
So I went back on the app, pushed again on the update button, it continued where it was.
When I came back, it was finish but still on 1.2.6.19 instead of 1.2.6.29.

Now, it says it’s up-to-date :open_mouth:

Anyway, I raised a ticket to explain the situation to them… and to ask one more time about other API access ;-).

While I was there, I made them the following suggestion:
"What could be great is to get a bypass mode (only provides the power requested by the devices plugged on the battery) and an off-grid mode (use energy only in the battery even when plugged in the wall).

With these 2 features available through the App or the API, users could use automation to charge the battery only with excess solar from their rooftop !

• When PV production > house consumption = normal mode: battery charging if needed + power for devices on it
  • When PV production < house consumption = off-grid mode, until it reaches 20%
  • When PV production < house consumption and battery < 20% = bypass mode, until there is excess solar again.

It could greatly help people auto-consume their energy !"

Not sure if anything will come out of it, but at least I’ve tried :-).

Hi ! To estimate the missing value for solar input I am using the following formula:
wattinput=$(echo "scale=4; (0.5102040816326531 * 882* (100-$socSum)/100 )/$remainTimeMinutes*150"| bc )

for my EcoFlow Delta Mini (882Wh). Don’t expect this to be accurate … it’s my educated guess using the provided values while no output is seen.

Seems like Ecoflow changed the functionaility of the API. Getting the SOC does not work for me anymore. If I access

https://iot1.ecoflow.com/api/v1/devices/queryDeviceData?sn=XXXXXXXXXXX&appkey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I get as response:
{“code”:0,“message”:“success”,“data”:{“sn”:“XXXXXX”,“data”:{}}}

Does anyone have a new working URL?

I’m having this issue with one of my Ecoflow’s. They “changed the server” when they updated the app and in my case, it asked me to relink a River Pro. Since relinking this battery’s API returns no data. For my River, no relinking, works great, same for the Delta Pro. When I contacted support they told me all should be broken, not just the River Pro, however the data is present and reflected in HA.

Odd, I know.

This post is of little actual help other than to let you know (something unknown) is in flux and you are not alone.

Yes, I can confirm it’s the same for me, unfortunately.

I’ll try to find the time to contact them tomorrow and ask for support about it.
Gosh, it should be the other way around: more info, not less.

I contacted the support also. They suspended the Support for the API. I should tell them my serial number and ecoflow account. They will contact me with a new APP Key, as soon as it is available.

Hi, I‘m also interested in a EcoFlow integration.

Have someone tried this out?

It seems to be a Hacs integration, but it is not listed in the Hacs Integration Database? Could this be installed manual via git on Hass somehow?

When it is a legit integration it would also not need an Public API as it looks like it uses direct communication.

Hey !

Thanks about this, I didn’t know about this integration.

Yeah, you can always add the repository manually by going to HACS > Integratoins > 3 dots en the top right > Custom repositories and copy/paste the URL of the project:

Then, as usual with HACS, click on it, install it, reboot, then go to Settings > Devices & Services > Add integration and you’ll find it there.

But I’ve just tried with my Delta Max and it doesn’t seem to work:

It currently supports River products, so this should be the reason.
Too bad, local access would have been even better!

I’ve just created a feature request:

Anyone else has tried?

Hi, I have ecoflow delta pro. Only the AC switch works in HA, no values from the sensors.

https://imgur.com/a/UnSvyLC

Thanks for the pointer on this one. I also had no clue of this integration. As I use a couple Rivers for smaller jobs around the homestead I thought I’d give it a go. Outstanding data pulls for the River! (including total cycles, total pv, all sorts of amazing data to analyze)

Confirmed it didn’t play as nice with the Delta Pro, but my API calls are still working on that one (shrug) so at least I have what I’m used to with the Delta’s.

Anyhow, fantastic work on this one, I really hope to see it evolve.

Hello,

i have a EcoFlow Delta Mini and successfully integrates it into Home Assistant and all my automations.
I used the HACS Repo Version 2 beta https://github.com/vwt12eh8/hassio-ecoflow/tree/ver2-beta and copy the Repo to the Custom Integration Folder and get all the Sensors and Switches working ok.

I have been able to add this repository as a HACS entry as described. However, it does not allow me to paste the version 2 beta URL, just keeps saying “this integration” is in the store! Can anyone help?

Yep, there is something obvious here that I don’t get, too.

I removed the Ecoflow Repo from HACS, copied/pasted the content of the downloaded ZIP file from the beta repo, restarted HA.
But nothing appeared in HACS (and its “Explorer and download repositories” button), in HA (and its “Add integration” button), and nothing in Devices of course.

Could you please point to me what am I missing, @apeschel ?

Hi all,

I just borrowed a Delta Max from a friend and the device is discovered but all readings are empty.

Is it possible to configure the AC-Charging rate with this integration ? Within the Ecoflow application you can set it from 200W - 2000W in 100W steps. I currently set it up as “UPS” for my Office and want to recharge it dynamic with Solar Power as buffer instead of wasting it to the energy supplier.

Mike

Hi,

I was facing same issue, I solved it now the following way.

• Install via HACS the Ecoflow “Main” repository
  • Download the Beta as Zip from Github
  • connect with a samba share from the PC with the downloaded ZIP
  • navigate to folder "custom_components/ecoflow "
  • copy / overwrite contend of the folder with the files from the extracted ZIP-Folder
  • reboot HA

This is how it was working for me and now the Delta Max is configurable for me.

Hope it helps

Mike