In Config I Have:

tts:
  - platform: google_translate

in DEveloper Tools > Sevivices > I Have used tts.google_translate_say
Then in Service Data in have:

entity_id: "all"
data:

My resulting response is
failed to call service tts/google_translate_say.extra keys not allowed@ data[‘data’]

I’m using NabuCasa and have Google activated there but have no URL or Port set up anywhere as I assume NabuCasa takes care of this?
Thanks for advice

Here you go - this is an example of my working TTS for one of my automations.

Youre correct in that you dont need any URLs,

Thanks so much. I had tried every version of that I think it must have been the straight quotes that was throwing it.
The REALLY Annoying thing is that the official documentation where I copied it from uses the straight quotes. It really wish they would invest more time in updating documentation rather than bringing in rafts of changes. I’m sure It really puts newbies off.
Really appreciate your support though.

No, this has nothing to do with the quotes. You added an additional data: inside the data block, so you had data: (everything in the service data block is the data: block) twice.

You probably copied a snippet to be used in an automation, for which your syntax from the original post should work. Can you please post the link of the docs you copied this from?

Yes you are correct I was too quick off the mark. I had spent over an hour trying what I thought was every combination. It does indeed also work with single and double quote marks.
I copied from this URL initially

I guess I did’nt need to repeat the data term again as it was in a data block as you say. Sorry I’m learning :weary:

Hey, we all start somewhere I only setup home assistant myself a few months back, so much to learn but it’s always fun!

No worries, we all are :smile: