TTGO-cam: ... reading incoming messages: Error while receiving data: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

Hi everyone.
I integrated two TTG-cams into an otherwise more or less empty hass.io setup. Apart from the mentioned cams there are three ESP32-cam devices and four ESP8266 devices integrated. All but one TTG-cam are offline.

The setup is as follows:

• ESPHome (v1.14.3)
  • hass.io (v 0.105.2)
  • TTGO-cam v17, no SD card inserted
  • setup of the cam as mentioned at TTGO-cam v17

Hass.io runs on an old notebook (Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz × 2 ) with an up to date Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS in docker. Unfortunatelly xorg (GUI in other words) is available as I have no other platform available. The error occurs no matter how high the load is.

As a sort of long time test I kept one TTGO-cam online to see how the connectivity is like. The WiFi signal is at -42dB the uptime is increasing.
Nevertheless every 3 hours or so the status of the cam goes to disconnected. In the log file I find entries like this one:
2020-02-09 19:53:12 INFO (MainThread) [aioesphomeapi.connection] l9camttgo01.local: Error while reading incoming messages: Error while receiving data: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

As soon as the error occurs the cam is becomes disconnected and becomes connected in the same minute.

Can anybody relate to this?

TIA!

PS: some YAML I added to the standard setup:

####################################################################
# WiFi sensors
sensor:
  - platform: wifi_signal
    name: ${wifi_wifi_signal_name}
    update_interval: !secret WIFI_SIGNAL_UPDATE_INTERVAL
  - platform: uptime
    name: ${wifi_uptime_name}

####################################################################
# BINARY SENSORS
binary_sensor:
  - platform: status
    name: ${wifi_status_name}

Please post your code correctly, see How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question

1 Like

Thanks for the hint @nickrout !
Did not know about code formatting, but should have done some RTFM I guess. :wink:

Could be a faulty device (they are throw away cheap) or maybe you have too high a bitrate, either by too big an image size or too big a frame rate.

More likely to be a faulty device if it is an identical device and identical config to your other ones.