TTS Media Player

Hi there,

I have a HA setup but no TTS yet. I now want to add sounds to my HA installation.

I normally have none of my televisions or audio system turned on, so I am thinking that I cannot use these. I am looking for advice on a standalone media player, not too expensive, that I can place in a central location in my house to use for TTS, doorbell sounds, etc.

What is everyone else using for this? Is there any special setup that I need for this media player?

Thanks

Steven

Hi, try an old android phone with Chromecast receiver app installed. You can then use the cast media player to TTS to the phone. You can then also plug in speakers to the phone…

1 Like

If you are using raspberry pi then you can buy speaker with 3.5mm jack connect to your pi and speaker. install vlc then you can use tts.

This is the post how I connect speaker to my pi

1 Like

Hi, where can i get this app?

http://bfy.tw/K7Iz

Question open for debate. Which app can anybody recommend to turn my old Tablet into an receiver for tts output?

I use the Android CastReceiver app. It works very well, but it’s not free.

For linux host with HA in VirtualBox I use KODI. But I would like to connect USB speaker to my HA OS running on Raspberry, dont know how.