TTS Notifications don't work on Samsung mobiles

they shoudl not prevent medical things from displaying! Battery or no battery thiese are more important! And they are not coming up on permanent charge either during the night! The iPads last 4 days no issues with them not being on any charge at all!

FWIW, you may need to grant the Home Assistant companion app the “Appear on top” permission. I had to do that in order for it to be permitted to display a specific page on command.

action: notify.mobile_app_foo
data:
  data:
    command: "/lovelace-myview/climate"

“They” have no idea what you’re trying to display.

1 Like

yes thats a requirement permission for any app to display on top of others, we direct the user to that special permission page the first time they attempt to use commands that require it

1 Like

hahaha Samsung dont! I called them a few times on this and they had no clues at all.Idont either now! As from the ipad setups Id of thought the Samsung would beth esame. AsI used to get them up until the last few updates.

I get the notifications just it does not get the screen to come on so any Tablet I have are usless! same for the mobile!

Whats the point in notifications coing to you after you clingon the screen?

I have an Action to notify meonly the mobile keeps black! until I touch it swipe down and look which is usless!

Alexa also tells me but the s24 is Black! nothing on it and same for any message txt or anything!

I cannot allow the Home Assistant to be on top of medical needs to be! To keep screen on during the night!

I will show you a quick video, showing that I have to double-click the screen to go to any notifications sent to it from HA! It’s hard to explain on here, so I think this vid will be best!

It seems a Samsung issue, not Ha to me but I’m no expert on this!

No Notifications Video

I own an S24 plus and I seem to remember seeing privacy settings to determine what apps and messages are, and what are not allowed when the phone is locked. Maybe those affect if the tts notification is allowed too?

I do not have my mobile locked at all to risky to get a 999! And I allow all permissions for HA

I’m now getting voice through the s24 but still no notifications to wake the screen up to see HA!

I’d rather have a notification than a voice prompt as I always forget to turn it off while out!

It’s the waking-up the screen I need most!

How do I make it stay on top? Or do you mean stay awake in the Developer section as that is already on!

I needed to enable the “Appear on top” permission. Details are in my previous post.

I saw that; I appreciate the thoughtful design. It explained exactly what I needed to do and linked to exactly the permission I needed to enable. Easy peasy.

1 Like