TTS on media player when using Wyoming Satellite

Hello All,

I was just wondering if I can redirect TTS to a media player when using Wyoming satellite. This is already possible for esphome satellite.

Say if we have a Sonos soundbar or Apple HomePods , TTS should be sent to them and using Wyoming satellite just for voice input ! Is this possible ?

Edit 1:
I have seen a workaround at Play TTS sound on Home Assistant media_player · Issue #18 · rhasspy/wyoming-satellite · GitHub

Is it still the most applicable solution or do we have an alternative way of achieving this ?

Would also like to know this. Just bought my first ReSpeaker hat for a Pi , and it works great, but i’d love to be able to route the output to another speaker/media player

There’s a way it can be done as mentioned at Play TTS sound on Home Assistant media_player · Issue #18 · rhasspy/wyoming-satellite · GitHub

I guess it’s something worth trying

1 Like

This topic contains links to a fork from llluis that has the necessary functionality. Installation is very simple, does not require launching additional services and works stably.

1 Like

gartensofa helped me out with this. You have a make a small adjustment in the satellite, but then you get HA events that you can automate to, like a TTS service call.

2 Likes

Yes, for the most part, I followed this last night and it works great, I could never get the detection sound to play but the STT works on my Sony soundbar with zero issues. I don’t have any audio sources plugged into my Wyoming Satellite.

Just need to generate a long lived access token in HA, edit the synthesize.sh file in example/commands, then update the service file to run the script… Just need to change the url the end should be tts/cloud_say or piper_say depending on what you want to use like below.

http://192.168.207.101:8123/api/services/tts/cloud_say

This can also be done with a webhook with no API key, I couldn’t get this to work personally but many said it works and it’s marked as the solution. You do need an automation in HA and I also didn’t have a telgram bot installed.