TTS setup problem

HI, I’m having problems setting up any of the TTS options available. I have read what’s on the forum about it and all I can get is that for my setup: synology with docker and SSL I have to set up base_url which I did to my website of the style: xxxxx.synology.me
Now I’m trying to setup voicerrs tts and my configuration.yaml for this is:

tts:

• platform: voicerss
    api_key: myApiKey
    language: ‘es-es’
    codec: mp3
    format: ‘44khz_16bit_stereo’

When trying to call the service to one of my sonos, I get the mp3 created onto the tts folder of my setup: docker/homeassistant/tts and I can see it there but, from my sonos app I can see that it has tried to play the file but displays this message for a moment: "unable to play ‘xxxxxxxx.mp3’ - the connection to xxxxxxxxx.synology.me was lost"

I’m stuck at this point. It’s the exact same problem I had trying google tts. I guess it seems and authorization problem but I don’t know how to solve it. Please if anyone can help me, thank you.

If I use as base_url: xxxxxxx.synology.me I get in my sonos app the error described above:
“unable to play ‘xxxxxxxx.mp3’ - the connection to xxxxxxxxx.synology.me was lost”

but if I try to add the port: base_url: xxxxxxx.synology.me:8123 the mp3 file is not generated and the message now is:
“unable to play ‘xxxxxxxx.mp3’ - UNABLE TO CONNECT TO xxxxxxxxx.synology.me"

So I guess I should use the base_url withou the port but still not working!!

UPDATE: The service DOES work playing it to any Chromcast media player so the issue I have must be SONOS related. Any idea why sending it to a sonos I get this message:
“unable to play ‘xxxxxxxx.mp3’ - the connection to xxxxxxxxx.synology.me was lost”
I’ve been careful to use the correct audio format so I cannot understand it. If it’s a matter of permissions what else can I do regarding this??

Now I think I have focused better my problem. It is completely related to what is said here:

Although the issue is not solved but closed (and now linking to another issue that for me seems quite different).

I have an SSL HA site with a correct base_url and a LetsEncrypt certificate. And my TTS mp3s (either with Google TTS or Voicerrs TTS) are working fine with media players like Chromecast. So the issue seems to be a non compatible certificate with Sonos. Actually LetsEncrypt certificates aren’t listed at the certificate authorities validated by Sonos as stated here:

http://musicpartners.sonos.com/node/339

One other possible problem may be that Sonos may need an intermediate key not provided initially by the CA as described later in the same link.

So now, I think that my problem is in my certificate but I don’t know how to solve this.
Hope all this info is useful for someone although it seems nobody is listening to me. :weary::sob::sob:

my solution was to add the entire chain in the servercertificate. Sonos only trusts the certificate authorities enlisted here http://musicpartners.sonos.com/node/339, but if you send the entire chain to the Sonos it will trust the certificate from the chain.

so if you create your cer /csr file just add al the intermediate and root ca in the same file:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
encoded server certificate
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
encoded intermediate CA 1
encoded intermediate CA 2
encoded root CA

after that copy the certificate to your HASS configuration and configure the certificate in configuration.yaml under http: >> ssl_certificate:

Thanks very much, ameulen01. I will proceed and try as you say even if let’s encrypt is telling me they are valid and included as a CA for Sonos (DST root X3). JUst one question, for what you’re saying I should include together with that scheme data from::

• encoded server certificate
  • intermediate CA 1 certificate
  • Intermediate CA 2 certificate
  • Root CA certificate
    I’m going to proceed that way to have the full certificate in one file BUT, from Let’s encrypt I only have this 3 files:
    cert.pem
    chain.pem
    privkey.pem (private key not certificate)

So how can I do the above with this only 2 certificates?. I’m noob with all that as you can see, sorry for that. Thanks in advance.Thank you again!!

Just to complete the thread to help other users. Thanks to arnear suggestion, I just put together my 2 let’s encrypt certificates: cert.pem and chain.pem with the headers he indicated and used the new certificate in HA. Then my Sonos accepted the tts generated mp3s just fine.

2 Likes

@jolaca,

Thanks for the details. it also works with TTS & sonos

csr.pem looks like:
cert.pem
chain.pem

1 Like