TTS, VLC, and Bluetooth

Hi there! New to the community, but have been using Home Assistant for a decent amount of time.
I have an Amazon Echo central to my house, so you can pretty much hear it anywhere. I used to use some speakers connected to the headphone jack on the Pi, but you can barely hear them where I keep the Pi, and I was utilizing TTS through VLC as a media player in my configuration.yaml.
I figured I SHOULD be able to connect my Pi via Bluetooth to my Echo and have it send the audio there. Right?
In a bit of desperation, I removed all audio and only installed Pulse Audio related packages. I disabled on-board audio, and I’m at the point where I can get VLC to play audio files through the command line, but once I go to the VLC card in Home Assistant and try to get it to “speak” it doesn’t come out the Echo.
It’s probably worth noting that I have to increase the volume on my VLC card every time I restart Home Assistant.
I know people seem to have gotten this working. I read success stories during my hours of research last night. LOL!

Any ideas on how I might get this working?

Have you seen this?

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/tts-on-bluetooth-speaker-via-raspberry-pi/21276

I did see that. I was following it, but I could never get it to show up under the “Entities”. I kind of like the VLC Player since it allowed me to play a chime file that I made up before announcements.
I guess still no luck after following that.