Turn on input_boolean

I just set the state on device_tracker.derek to ‘home’. The device_tracker.derek now shows home but nothing is showing up under “Who is where?”

I turned on initial_state: ‘on’ if I manullly change the state from not_home to home the automation works. But if I try and let the automation take its course it does not work. i was wondering since I am using Life360 if the states not_home should be ‘Away’

I’m confused by the above… Initial state? Initial state of what? The group state is determined by the device trackers and those should be determined by Life360…there should be no initial state…

the state of device tracker is not_home even if it shows away, see also this video:

Sorry responding to (2) different posts. I was writing @Silicon_Avatar about changing automation initial state to ‘on’. @Piggyback I was trying to let you know that I manually changed state on device-tracker to ‘home’ it showed home in both automation and input_boolean but still nothing appeared in lovelace under “Who is where”

What does it show in Lovelace? I’m confused. It should show a state…

1 Like

I guess the badge was the issue. I deleted started over and added entities from the frontend. It was there!!

phew… I was almost out of ideas :slight_smile:
Glad it´s finally working!

Thanks for all the help!

1 Like