Tutorial: Controlling any Device with Alexa and Node Red, NO CLOUD

You’ve expended more effort resisting requests than simply complying with them. Your advice that copy-paste requires little effort is all that’s required of you to share the flows you’ve created to control the thermostat. Node-Red’s export feature is easy to use.

1 Like

If you were to watch my video you will see my setup is split over two flows - Do you want me to share both of them?
Or perhaps you’d like me to do all the work for you and create a whole new flow containing everything you need to recreate this. As stated prior to your replay…

For everyone else…

• I’m ALWAYS available to help you with any problems you have once you’ve followed my example and I’m more than happy to Google Hangout with you to step through and fault-find your flows.

Hopefully this message won’t get lost in this thread by the few people complaining and wanting me to do everything for them.

Is there anything like this for google mini’s?

Thanks.

Yes.

You’ve spent more time berating and shaming than simply posting the requested flows. Despite your words that you will help, your many replies have been unhelpful.

You are certainly free to refuse requests for sharing your flows. That can be done without having to characterize the requests in a negative light.

1 Like

Sorry @Flamez

I only have Amazon Echo devices and I use an Alexa plug-in - You may find a similar one for Google.

If you do find one, please share so others can follow.

Cheers.

I notice on your Desk Speakers “call service node” that you have “Output Location” filled in as “msg.payload”, yet on LED Strip On you have it set to “None”. Being new to this, does it matter? Thanks.

Also, going through video comments someone mentioned this palette being obsolete and tying in through the node red alexa skill being the latest. Could you please explain? Hate to get things setup only to have it break soon, but I’m guessing that’s the nature of local control vs. a bought hub device.

Thanks for the hard work and for the video…trying to figure out how to set up my motion sensors off the cloud. I don’t really talk to Alexa much, so don’t need to give her commands. I want it to tell me there’s motion as it now does on the cloud.

Opps, sorry for the late response… “Output Location” filled in as “msg.payload”, that is the default setting and I don’t use it. Same for the LED Strip. All that does is tell those Nodes what to output.

Not sure if this would help you but…
For my Motion Sensors, they fire a ‘Function’ Node which has the TTS messages in.
See my other tutorial: https://youtu.be/Ib8RffCYcfo

I would say “that is how i share my stuff, take it or leave it.” others can only request yet cannot put someone through the mill.
Thanks for great project. I will follow your channel.