TUYA BLE: Error on install: {"message":"Invalid handler specified"}

Same here, I already bought a Zigbee fingerbot and next time this integration fails I will switch to the Zigbee fingerbot.

I had the same problem. What seemed to fix things was adding the Tuya cloud integration. Then I was able to get the BLE integration to work. It looks like the code calls some of the cloud integration functions, so perhaps this updated something. It seems to be working now!

And today 3/31/2023 Tuya perhaps changed the endpoint as I had to change the code in cloud.py:

#        api = TuyaOpenAPI(
#            endpoint=data.get(CONF_SS_ID, ""),
#            access_secret=data.get(CONF_ACCESS_SECRET, ""),
#            auth_type=data.get(CONF_AUTH_TYPE, ""),
#        )

api = TuyaOpenAPI(
            endpoint=data.get(CONF_ENDPOINT, ""),
            access_id=data.get(CONF_ACCESS_ID, ""),
            access_secret=data.get(CONF_ACCESS_SECRET, ""),
        )

fyi, mine is working fine.
I did not modify the files for a long time, but I just checked and my bluetooth tuya lock is working fine.

EDIT: broken with release 2024.4! Or maybe because I uninstalled tuya integration.
Fixed installing repo from @markusg1234

Try adding a new device or editing the existing device. That’s where it seems to be broken. Existing devices seem to work fine still.

For you info, I found a version working perfectly fine without tuya cloud here:

(It is in the zip file)

The discussion was initialy an evolution of tuya_ble to add support for a specific lock.
This last file is an evolution from tuya_ble to tuya_local_ble because the author replaced the cloud functions with local ones.

Maybe if someone is willing to upload it into a repository, that would be very nice :slight_smile:
Unfortunately I’m not able to do it and the author seem really busy but earlier in the same thread he asked if somone would like to do it.