Tuya Ceiling Fan/Light - only has fan entity in Tuya V2 Integration

Couple issues already open related to this below, but I don’t think this is a popular enough switch. I think most people either have one switch and a remote for their fan or two separate switches. Sure hope someday without having to solder it can be locally controlled.

As i mentioned i have tuya IR remote that is also having temperature sensor ( so its two in one like in your fan /light case )

What I did is add the temperature sensor via the localtuya and see the IR remote via tuyaV2 .

Is this something that works for you ?

Edit : I forgot to ask , did you try to create scenes for each action in tuya app and then use it in HA
for the fan ?

Good pickup ! Is there a way we can upvote or ask for bug fix to the existing cases?

Ah okay. No worries. I have looked into local Tuya, but looks to be a bit of a pain to setup. So have decided for the time being to just remain on the version of HA I’m on as everything works :slightly_smiling_face:
Local Tuya does look to be the only option currently if I want to update and have all my devices work correctly.

I believe the way to upvote is at the bottom of the problem description click on the smiley face and give a thumbs up.

Righto - I failed the intelligence test on both counts…

1. Can’t find the upvote option on the above open tasks
  2. Local Tuya is beyond my skill level to implement with the adding of various paramters …

Will have to cross fingers and hope it is supported in due course

Using the first issue linked above in a post. Click on the highlighted smiley face:

Yeah, Local Tuya does look to be a pain to setup. I’ve got the tokens noted down but am currently happy enough on my older version to not worry about going through the entire process to set it up.

Hi ,

While I totally agree with you and others that Local Tuya is a pain to setup at first ( All tuya is a pain ) . Given that there is no trouble free alternative I am wording if local tuya still does not make scene ?

One thing I will tell you guys is that if I did it then you can because all of you seem more knowledgeable then I when it comes to this . I would really encourage you to do it because it is hard as a wise man once said .

Wish you luck

Not saying I can’t setup Local Tuya, just that I’m happy with everything working on the version of HA I’m currently running :slightly_smiling_face: There’s nothing really in the newer versions I need. Plus I don’t really like the way the latest version has removed some items from the sidebar. I know there’s fixes for it, but that’s more work again.

Then better do not do anything . I did not do that and I tried to fix this by resetting my router and even
the ISP modem . Now I see more unrelated issue in the network .

LOL … I’m saying I cannot setup local Tuya :slight_smile: … I will take your advice and give it another crack !

Just saw the new version drop and it has a few Tuya fan / light fixes … unfortunately … nothing shows up for our issue…

However … does anyone know of a way to refresh the integration so it ‘possibly’ sees the new attributes?

I’d rather not delete the Tuya integration and start again with the automations …

If you give it a go and need some help I can try. I should prob try it so I can keep HA up to date.

If you did delete Tuya I don’t think it should delete the automations? The only thing might be if it gives new names/ids to devices when added again. That’s why I backup regularly using the Google Drive Backup add-on.

Edit: Upgraded and my light entities go back to “This entity is currently unavailable and is an orphan to a removed, changed or dysfunctional integration or device. If the entity is no longer in use, you can clean it up by removing it.”
So looks like only options currently are still be on 2021.10 or use Local Tuya with newer HA versions (for the light entity at least?).

I just seen the below but did not test in , give it a go or better join that post

Latest release didn’t fix the issue for me

ok … there seems to be two different ‘local tuya’ options to use for integrations … what version are you peeps using ?

OK, I jumped in and installed Local Tuya … couldn’t have been easier …

Once I got my head around setting up and configuring the ID’s … lights are back and full control over colour etc.

It did highlight the fact that fans are weird … I can only control off/on … when setting speeds … it either turns off the fan or has no effect at all …

Does anyone have good control of their Tuya fans?

Good to know.
I’ve just had a play with Local Tuya and managed to get fan speed working after a bit of trial and error. Currently only have 3 speed options whereas my controllers are 6 speed settings so that will be next thing to try and work out. Once I setup the remaining switches.

@JJ6767 If you need a hand with figuring out fan speed feel free to message as I don’t seem to get notified of updates to this thread.

Mine is below. With the three values:
1 corresponded to the Fan on/off.
2 corresponded to fan speed
3 corresponded to the Light on/off
Capture
I then configured fan speed as

Awesome - thanks whatisk - so kind of you to offer help !

I have issues where I can kick the fan off ( my ID’s are slightly different) but then the HASS button automatically goes back to off state … even though the fan is on.

I also have the 6 speeds and found this conversation of how another person is getting around it …

Ah that seems a bit weird. I’m not experiencing that. Depending on how many options you have to choose from, have you tried any others to see if it also turns the fan on/off? Though I would expect there to be only one. So the fan stays on even though the switch goes back to off? Can you turn the fan off using the HA button? Have you deleted or disabled any other Tuya integrations that you were using?

I did find that thread but haven’t yet had a read of it all. At the moment I’m just happy to have it working even if it is only with 3 speeds. I usually only use two of them so is fine for the time being. I noticed that even though I’m sure my switch is 6 speeds, when configuring it for the 3 speeds there by default I only had the options of numbers 1 to 4. So maybe it’s only seeing it as a 4 speed option. One thing I would like to do though is setup something up that reports the current fan speed. I saw mention somewhere of someone doing that, but aren’t quite sure how as yet.

Edit: Okay setting something up to show current fan speed was easy. Just needed to redo the Local Tuya setup for the devices as went through the click and dropdown approach. If using xml config I’m sure you could just tack it on.
Actually it shows as 1 when the fan is off or on lowest speed. Need to look into further…