Tuya Ceiling Fan/Light - only has fan entity in Tuya V2 Integration

Hello,

I just recently got some new ceiling fans from Franco and the Fan and Light work fine under the native Tuya App.

I am using the new Tuya V2 integration and HASS only recognises the Fan entity … it doesn’t pickup the light.

I can’t find if this is a known issue or if there is a workaround ?

Any guidance would be wonderful,

Jason

What version of Home Assistant are you using?

I was on Core-2021-10.1 and it had the fan entity as well as a light entity for my combined fan and light switches. When I upgraded to core-2021.12.1 the light entities disappeared so I rolled back to what I was originally on and they came back. So not sure what may have happened between then and the latest versions.

Haven’t looked at upgrading to other specific versions to try and determine when it started.

Thank you whatisk for responding !

I’m using the latest release 2021.12.4.

Strange thing is that support for the combined ceiling fan/light appears in release 2021.11 according to this documentation - under category code fsd

Now if you are using 2021.10.1 it should theoretically not be supported

… well now I am totally baffled …

Looking at what you linked, mine must be the “Ceiling Light” (xdd) as that was in as of core 2021.10 and platform is listed as “light, switch” which is what I see. Unless I upgrade to the latest which is when the light entity disappears.

Difference could be that mine is a wall switch controlling a ceiling fan and also has a light switch component that can be wired to any light?

Not sure if it may be worth taking a backup of your HA setup and trying to downgrade HA to an earlier version and see if you then get both entities?
I think yours should perhaps be xdd as well and for some reason the latest HA sees it as something else which is why when I upgraded I lost the light entity. Only guessing of course…

I might give that a crack re the downgrading … it also seems others are having the issue … https://community.home-assistant.io/t/tuya-integration-not-showing-ds03-fan-light-switch/210418?u=jj6767

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll keep an eye on that thread as well.
For the time being though I’ll just stay on the version I am currently. Was thinking of trying Tuya Local but seems a lot of effort when I have it working on an older HA version.

Did you try downgrading? If so, have any further luck?

Nope, didn’t try downgrading as I didn’t want to risk blowing up my system

Maybe we log a bug fix?

Hi , I have faced same issue with Tuya IR remote control that is also having temperature sensor

The way it worked for me is using localtuya to get the temperature . But I think there is are a recent changes in the tuya V2 which might fix such issue but the problem is when we say tuya we do not mean a specific brand but its kinda protocol used by multiple manufactures so some devices might not work

Hope thats help

1 Like

Aldiy - I think it might have been recent changes that broke it. But not with Tuya itself but with HA. As I mentioned, it all works fine and has the expected entities in a previous version, but the latest version some entities disappear.

JJ6767 - might be worth raising something. Though I’m surprised there hasn’t been more reports of this.

For the tuyaV2 yes there has been reports of issues from last month .Also on the IoT site there are some changes to billing etc that i have seen on my page since last month

What I was referring to is the tuya devices that have multiple features (eg ceiling fans with lights or IR remote with temperature sensor ) . For those devices , localtuya is working .

I hope we are on the same page here :slight_smile:

Couple issues already open related to this below, but I don’t think this is a popular enough switch. I think most people either have one switch and a remote for their fan or two separate switches. Sure hope someday without having to solder it can be locally controlled.

As i mentioned i have tuya IR remote that is also having temperature sensor ( so its two in one like in your fan /light case )

What I did is add the temperature sensor via the localtuya and see the IR remote via tuyaV2 .

Is this something that works for you ?

Edit : I forgot to ask , did you try to create scenes for each action in tuya app and then use it in HA
for the fan ?

Good pickup ! Is there a way we can upvote or ask for bug fix to the existing cases?

Ah okay. No worries. I have looked into local Tuya, but looks to be a bit of a pain to setup. So have decided for the time being to just remain on the version of HA I’m on as everything works :slightly_smiling_face:
Local Tuya does look to be the only option currently if I want to update and have all my devices work correctly.

I believe the way to upvote is at the bottom of the problem description click on the smiley face and give a thumbs up.

Righto - I failed the intelligence test on both counts…

1. Can’t find the upvote option on the above open tasks
  2. Local Tuya is beyond my skill level to implement with the adding of various paramters …

Will have to cross fingers and hope it is supported in due course

Using the first issue linked above in a post. Click on the highlighted smiley face:

Yeah, Local Tuya does look to be a pain to setup. I’ve got the tokens noted down but am currently happy enough on my older version to not worry about going through the entire process to set it up.

Hi ,

While I totally agree with you and others that Local Tuya is a pain to setup at first ( All tuya is a pain ) . Given that there is no trouble free alternative I am wording if local tuya still does not make scene ?

One thing I will tell you guys is that if I did it then you can because all of you seem more knowledgeable then I when it comes to this . I would really encourage you to do it because it is hard as a wise man once said .

Wish you luck

Not saying I can’t setup Local Tuya, just that I’m happy with everything working on the version of HA I’m currently running :slightly_smiling_face: There’s nothing really in the newer versions I need. Plus I don’t really like the way the latest version has removed some items from the sidebar. I know there’s fixes for it, but that’s more work again.