Tuya Device Help

not necessarily with the indirect cloud integration.

I can’t yet comment on the direct integration.

I have another problem with tuya,

current temperature isn’t true, seem be real temperature +21° or multiplied for 2!
and… why no hystory?
Cattura|368x388

another problem! you can only turn on\off or change temp. but not switch from program to manual

Hi,

I wanted to try the custom local component. But unfortunately GitHub gives a 404 on the repo.

Someone willing to share the code of tuya.py?

1 Like

Hi,
Sorry to hijack this subject. I have my tuya plugs showing in HA and I can control them through google home mini and also through automations, however, I am not able to switch them on/off from the frontend (the overview screen), which I used to do but not any more (they always revert to their previous state within a second). I removed the plugs and added them again, and also downgrade the HA version to 80.0, with no luck. Any suggestions?

No worries mate, have you checked the logs for any clues?

Yes, this is the error I have in the log file:

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error executing service <ServiceCall switch.turn_on (c:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): entity_id=[‘switch.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx’]>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1177, in _event_to_service_call
await service_handler.func(service_call)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 177, in handle_service
self._platforms.values(), func, call
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 250, in entity_service_call
permission=POLICY_CONTROL
homeassistant.exceptions.Unauthorized: Unauthorized

Not sure if this helps at all… but I was banging my head trying to figure out what to do with my Aldi Medion switches. Then I found through another forum that it was a Tuya clone. Finally managed to get them to register with the Smart Life Android app. then as you eventually discovered, they are currently not supported. BUT it turns out that scenes are! you can create two scenes in the app for each switch, one that turns it on, and the other to turn it off. Once you do a tuya.pull_devices, the scenes are discovered! Then created an mqtt switch and setup some automation logic in HA that executes the scene.turn_on and bingo! a working Aldi Medion switch working in HA!

1 Like

Thanks Mark for your comment. Actually, my problem was solved by upgrading HA to 0.84.5
Now I am able to switch off and on from the frondend. I hope this can somehow help you.

-Bump-

Like @teunehv, I’d really like to give the old integration a shot. Unfortunately, none of the old links to the github page or directly to the python file work. Can anyone provide an alternative link? It would be hugely appreciated.

See post here: Tuya switch
Someone uploaded it again.

If anyone needs assistance with configuring products under the Tuya umbrella (Merkury:Geenie, SmartLife, etc…) please check out this post:

doesnt work in 2019 - u have to update the app to use it, can’t use the 1.0.7 version anymore=(

Same here: problems with tuya - try to flash them and get rid of the china cloud:):slight_smile:

https://github.com/SynAckFin/TuyOTA

1 Like

Dear,
I would like to flash tasmota on my Arilux rgbw light bulb
Does this works with Ubuntu,
Please guide how to flash tasmota on my device

I dunno how but perhaps read the git provided in the link above.

1 Like

I just got a pair of switches working with local control (and without flashing the devices) last night and documented how I did it. Check out my post here and see if it helps.

Do anyone know this issue with tuya?
I get this message every minute. Sometimes the status of my devices are not update.

Log Details (WARNING)

Sun Jan 27 2019 20:10:05 GMT+0100 (CET)

Updating tuya cover took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:15

yup

2019-01-28 12:14:05 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Updating tuya switch took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30
2019-01-28 12:15:38 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Updating tuya switch took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30
2019-01-28 12:19:15 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Updating tuya switch took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:30 

the tuya internet service is slow(ing?)

Unless you are getting this using the local package, in which case you have a different issue

So if I switch to local there are another issues ? To find the key plus the entity id ?

Is that not possible to change the time from 15 or 30 seconds to 1 Minute and see what happen? If yes where is the code to change ?

I believe this error is only if you are using the web IoT polling - is the poller complaining.

probably. no idea where.