Tuya Integration not showing DS03 fan/light switch

I have gotten the Bunnings Deta fan & light controllers working through local tuya intergration, works as intended and punch’s through to HomeKit.

I ended up tasmota-ing and getting it working that way. I am happy with the results.

Two comms between the switch and HA.
Defaults to the correct setting after HA reboots
Pressing the speed control when it off, starts it at Low speed
UI Control for HA (edited fan-control-row.js - ideally should use the latest but I haven’t changed it)

If any ones want to, you can get all the files and how to here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a66emcku5okma9s/FanSpeed.zip?dl=1

2020_12_09_22_04_18_Window

We’re you able to do it OTA?

After much effort i finally got these Treatlife Fan and Dimmer modules to work flawlessly, without having to flash them or open them!
I added them through local tuya, found in HACS. You need to obtain the local keys, there are a few methods. I used both the BlueStacks method AND the Tuya Developer method. (I did something wrong thru Tuya Devloper so i tried Bluestacks, then figured out what i did wrong and went back to TD)
Either way, once you obtain the local keys you can find them with Local Tuya integration. Then the ID settings are as follows:

Light:
9 - Power
10 - Dimming

Fan:
1 - Power
3 - Speed (set it to 1 for low, 3 for Medium and 4 for High)

Reload HA and thats it. I can now control each switch seperately, set speed and dim lights and i didnt have to open the device. I still have Tuya installed for control thru the app if i need to. I might remove it after i am sure its working.

1 Like

Can’t wait to try this out. Spent too much time with tuyacli the other day trying to get the keys and then realized it’s broken at the moment…

hey sorry for dumb question but once you go the keys what did you do what did you add to the config file? i cant get my fan to show up at all.

Once you get the keys. You download the local tuya integration. It’s a little tricky from there since you need to know which ID or command is for each function (fan/speed/light on/light off/fan)

I have them recorded somewhere. Otherwise just mess with them until you find out the numbers. What I did was turn on the fan to speed 3. Then the integration showed an ID with a value of 3. I found it to be fan speed.

Sorry I just read my previous post. Yes those are the IDs for each of the functions.

So steps are

Get keys.
Download local tuya.
Add device using IDs to control the functions.
Add to Lovelace.

I have one entity for fan, which I can change to any of the four speeds, and one for dimmer.

My fan switch shows up in IOT platform webapp but not in homeassistant tuya v2 integration. How do you get the fan to show up as an entitiy in the integration?

New to using yaml and local tuya. Can you share the yaml or screen shot of your local tuya settings for this?

I just switched over to new tuya integration and the switch showed up and I was all excited, but then I realized that it only created an entity for the fan portion and not the light switch. So close!

I too am only getting the Fan recognised as an entity and the light is missing. I am using the new Tuya V2 integration.

Getting a similar thing also. On core-2021-10.1 my fan and light switches had an entity for both the fan and light switch. When I upgraded to core-2021-12.x (can’t recall exactly which), the light entity disappeared. They were initially there in lovelace from previous version but had an error saying they no longer existed and so to remove them.
Have reverted back to core-2021-10.1 until resolved.

Considering trying local tuya and then upgrading to latest HA but seems a bit of a pain to setup.