Tuya integration stop working

I managed to get it working again by right click the integration and disable it. It asks to restart HA. Restart it and then go to integrations again, show disabled integrations en re-enable it.
A normal restart without disabling it first didn’t help.

Solution was extending trial period of the service api in Tuya Cloud.

no it’s not necessary

Upgrade is still not coming to my HA. How to force it?

Switched to hacs smart life integration and hardly had to update any of my automations because the entities were all the same. I used the user code from tuya smart app and scanned the barcode in tuya app aswell instead of going through the smartlife app

Yes, but if someone used device_id instead of entity_id, then they need to change it in every single automation that is affected.

1 Like

True. In that case it might be easier to open the automations.yaml and find and replace all in one go in a text editor

1 Like

Go to configuration - system - updates and choose beta chanel.
After upgrading to 2024.2b3 and restarting leave the beta chanel.

grafik

1 Like

SOLUTION: In Tuya Cloud, open your project. Then goto “Service API” and view details of the IoT Core. You probably see that the service is expired and you can renew it for 6 months. A few minutes or hours later it was approved and the devices were back (after reboot of HA)

3 Likes

I had the same issue with my Tuya devices. The new Github integration GitHub - tuya/tuya-smart-life: Tuya Smart Life Home Assistant Integration , as mentioned previously, was a fairly painless solution. The how-to at Tuya IoT Development Platform was also useful for showing where the downloaded code is placed into HA.

Didn’t worked. For now smart life integration is working better.

1 Like

I also installed the smartlife beta (HACS & Custom, both painless), reset my devices (per the guide ) and so far all is good. For others I think worth mentioning that a) the Tuya registration asks for your physical address etc which you may not want to share and b) for a few devices and automations, the automations only loose the device/entity id not all your wonderful logic so it may only take a few minutes to re-assign the device in the UI.

1 Like

Thanks, this worked for me!
Approvement took 5min., too bad you can only extend it for 6 months.
And no change in device names here, was an easy fix.

The same worked for me; unfortunately all tuya devices were moved out of the rooms, and automations had to be restored. Next time renew before expiry :wink:

No more Tuya for me Smart Life is the way to go. Tuya could have sent an email saying they were shutting it down.

Tuya default integration is working now again with latest update, the same way as smart life.

I confirm
id code from account setting app android
scan qr
enjoy

Hoping you folks might be able to help with a similar problem. It seems that overnight my 33 smartlife integration devices stopped working. When I open the smartlife integration it says, “Failed to setup”, with an explanation point. Nothing helps when I click “reload” the integration. Suggestions? How do I reauthenticate with smartlife? Was there a change to HA regarding this integration. I just migrated from the Tuya IOT/cloud to the smartlife integration a few weeks ago.

If it helps anyone else having the same problem I just asked about - I was able to reconnect the smartlife integration to my smartlife app. In the integration I clicked “add Hub” and followed the directions to enter my app code and scan the qr code, which re-added all my devices. I then deleted the hub that was failing to setup. All devices maintained their HA names and properties.

If it helps anyone else having the same problem I just asked about - I was able to reconnect the smartlife integration to my smartlife app. In the integration I clicked “add Hub” and followed the directions to enter my app code and scan the qr code, which re-added all my devices. I then deleted the hub that was failing to setup. All devices maintained their HA names and properties.

Thanks

I was using Tuya integration previously and had all sorts of problems. After reading this thread, I removed the cloud project and Tuya account as well. Do I have to migrate devices from Tuya smart app to Smart life app as well? I was able to have the smartlife integration in HA working by giving a usercode from the Tuya Smart app but the integration still isn’t working properly. When I turn a switch on, it turns on the device but the switch in HA goes back to off. The device continues to be on. Could these problems be because I haven’t migrated the devices from Tuya smart app to Smart life app? Thanks in advance.