Tuya Integration

ScreenShot_20190719222012

thats interesting, as they all use the same tuya provided solution, but are just rebadged…

Well, I’m not the only person to spend hours trying to get Smart Life to work, but then has no problems with Tuya. There clearly i some difference, otherwise there’d be no need to specify the platform in the config.

here is my setting for smart life

tuya:
  username: !secret tuya_user
  password: !secret tuya_pass
  country_code: 65
  platform: smart_life

if you getting error . likely tuya server is down… I face this from time to time, tuya server is down when i start my home assistant. Just try again later…

That doesn’t account for why the tuya version will work but the smart_life version doesn’t.

Same issue ; also in this topic…

support from tuya is not able to help out…
I tried several supports related to the tuya,smartlife, etc… maybe anyone knows who
wrote the damn tuya component?

add my devices to Tuya rather than smart life, altered my config and still it does not work.

Did you do a proper system reboot. Sometimes just reloading scripts etc doesn’t seem to work.

Got it working via tuya app… Works like a charm ! thanks Phil!

I’m having difficulty with the Tuya integration using my Brilliant Smart downlights. I’ve only just added it to HASSIO. I’ve added to following to my configuration.yaml:

tuya:
  username: !secret tuya_username
  password: !secret tuya_password
  country_code: 61

Adding the platform: smart_life breaks the integration doesn’t work. Without it, I get tuya.force_update and tuya.pull_devices events. With it, I don’t.

The problem I seem to have is that none of my devices are appearing in HASSIO. I try to the pull and force commands and nothing happens. I’ve triple-checked the username and password. I can control them in the app, do the tuya server shouldn’t be the problem.

@Tovrin I have a couple of Brilliant smart plugs working with Tuya. My configuration is the same as yours except I have added platform: tuya. I think I originally registered with Tuya using the Tuya app to get the username and password. They show up in HA as switch.<biglongnumber>. I don’t know if the downlights would work the same but I assume they would.

@keilorca Did you add the platform: tuya under tuya: or as a separate “level 1” thing?

Under tuya. Like this:

tuya:
  username: xxxxx
  password: xxxxx
  country_code: 61
  platform: tuya

@keilorca Sadly … nope. Didn’t work. The tuya.force_update and tuya.pull_devices events appear, but I’m not getting the devices appearing as light.<whatever>.

Thanks anyway.

if the tuya integration itself works, it might be the lights are not supported (yet/ever)

@walaj The lights work in Tuya. Why wouldn’t they work in HASSIO?

Did you check the registered entities?
Also check the logs …and
The debugger log to your configuration.yaml

Logger:
Default: error
Logs:
Tuya: debug
Homeassistant.components.tuya: debug

@tik83

1. Yes. The devices are not there.
  2. Yes. Nothing unusual.
  3. I’ll give that a try. I take it the stuff after your third line is what I need to put into the configuration .yaml?

because the API doens’t support all the devices supported by the Tuya App.

From logger:

Check https://www.home-assistant.io/components/logger/