Tuya local

The device it’s already at HA via Tuya Local. My problem is how to block it from Tuya Cloud…
What IP? should I block?
And than can I delete it from the app?

Sorry about all this questions. Newbie here.

In case of WLAN device find out the IP of your device and block it in your router or if your router is integrated in HA you should be able to block internet directly via a switch in HA. Once you blocked internet access you should see the device as offline in Tuya IoT

I am not sure if you should delete your device from tuya IoT. Sometimes its required to update your local key. When you delete the device you must re-add it.

1 Like

That should be fixed ASAP, as I can’t imagine anyone configuring LocalTuya right at the first try. I mean, it is just too hard and unintuitive. So, having to to remove device and add it again [and other problems] make me wanna spend 10$ on another device, instead of spending more hours to get things working here…

That was fixed ages ago. At least before 4.0 was released, I haven’t followed development much after that.

Well, then we might have a regression or sth.

I have the latest HA and LocalTuya v4.1.1. In the device edit I have no option to add a new entity, I can only edit existing [those created when I added the device]. And there is no option to remove the device – the only way is to remove the integration, add it again, and configure the device from scratch.

And that sucks so much………

You add the integration again to add a new device. It follows the normal rules. Nothing to fix here.

I have a Tuya Star projector , anyone got a good config? to use the rotaion speed / color / scene?

thnx

I know I’m replying to an old post, but

how do you find the MAL315HA ?
I have seen conflicting reviews on it, with issues around motion sensitivity being way too high even at min

After spending 2-3 hours. My “i’m happy with” configuration for GOSUND WB4 RGB bulb is (on/off, brightness works but a little strange (like changing color a bit…but still its fine), colors change works fine, and countdown till bulb switch off works fine (in seconds), effects work but not fine) :

I have added Powerstrip via Tuya Local. It almost works perfectly. I have 3 socket + usb
To control 3D printer I need to on/off 2 sockets (one for powering 3D printer and one for raspberry octoprint). I use helper to combine those two sockets. But when I turn on combine switch with two sockets then it turns all 3 sockets + usb on.

In regular Tuya it switches correctly two sockets (combined). But Tuya is not so reliable because sometimes it doesent shows device socket status. And then it is worthless again. Here is discussion Tuya integreation don't update sensor, need to be reloaded... · Issue #91899 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Anyone have this type problem with Tuya Local ?

Back in the day (2020-2021) I just flashed this sort of stuff with Tasmota and was free of all this cloud Tuya crap. Anyway … there’s the inbuilt Tuya (claims to be local and is awful) or there is GitHub - rospogrigio/localtuya: local handling for Tuya devices

Sadly neither are that useful hence me using Tasmota when possible (but the link above works better than the core version IMHO). Where possible I ditched Tuya WIFI and replaced with Tuya Zigbee which is fine … YMMV

2 Likes

Anyone can tell me where i can gather the data that is needed to add new devices to the git hub?
I have an unsupported Thrmometer/Hygrometer and a plug with Powermonitoring. Thanks guys

Does anyone have this lamp? I associated it with Local tuya, but I can’t configure it properly for light color and/or music (things that work with the tuya app) I was simply wondering if anyone has managed.
Local tuya nominates her: “Wake Up Light”

I am using the new fork of localtuya which sets up all sensors automatically and it had worked for me for this specific light.

If you don’t want to switch, let me know, i can share exact DP details later on.

Second thought, why should i wait to share :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m afraid of doing something wrong because of the different language, what is “color mode aka work mode”

I would go one by one;

• turn off and on
  • then brightness
  • then music and color specific things
  • Modalita colore - color mode
  • Colore - Color

Pretty sure music uses the smartlife app so that’s not an option locally.

Pretty sure, average user only needs light turn on/off and brightness and color :slight_smile:

First of all thank you all for your help in trying to help me
I was trying to understand if I could bring all the functions to the home assistant, but I think I’ll have to continue using the smartlife app, for example to set alarms, which I use almost every day.

I don’t understand sorry, where should I set this:

I don’t understand if you’re talking about these!
I don’t understand sorry, where should I set these highlighted in yellow:

I don’t see anything to be able to adjust the color, and also every time I turn on the light, it turns on at a very low brightness, I also have to increase the brightness every time. What am I doing wrong?

My situation is similar…

I have a Haus Bright grow liight bulb that is Tuya-enabled, and which works fine in Home Assistant using the HA Tuya cloud integration and online cloud project. From a color standpoint, the bulb can only produce warm-to-bright white.

Using a light card (Mushroom in this case), I can control power, brightness, and color temp, all of which seem to work flawlessly, just like the Tuya Smart App does. I have the click option of the light card set to display ‘more info.’

I’ve added the Tuya local integration,and through trial and error, have found the right combination of DP settings that seem to work for that, as well.

However, when I add the Tuya Local entity to the light card, the ‘more info’ also displays a color wheel selector, additional color selections (which the bulb is not capable of), an Attributes drop-down, and an Effect/Scene selection:

TuyaLocalMoreInfo

I’ve tried all sort of DP combinations, but cannot remove these ‘extra’ elements from the ‘more info’ view.

How would one go about removing these non-valid elements from view?