Tuya pir sensor tasmota questions

Hi,
I have tuya pir but not like yours…

I succeeded flash tasmota-battery version also set static IP but when the PIR wake there is no message on MQTT.
Its looks that there is no enough time for the esp boot…
Anyone have any idea or experience with this module?

anybody any idea?!

I am the same - any ideas on Flashing these over the air?

Hi, did you found a solution for this type of pir?

Yes, throw in the trash
And in other words, a horror product. Even though I managed to get him to broadcast his status to me on MQTT most of the time he missed the traffic. In short unreliable …

1 Like

The images for flash / IO2 are misleasing.
The photo with QR code and labelling IO2 is wrong – the flash pin is the one above IO2!
With my PIR sensor I had to put flash on GND during startup (connecting to power).
There are two empty pins between flash (GPIO0) and GND.
There are two empty pins between RX (GPIO3) and flash (GPIO0).

Here’s what worked for me.

1. During power up hold GND to the flash pin
  2. after power up the flash pin can be left unconnected
  3. flash with tasmotizer.py

Note the flash pin where I hold the black cable connected to GND during power up.

yes, you need to connect to io0 not io2. the labeling is still correct though that’s why i attached the first image.

So, I just got this thing flashed OTA using tuya-convert and tapping the reset button every few seconds to keep it awake. No soldering required. Woohoo!

umm… told it to update the firmware and it’s not coming back online. crap.

Sharing some of my findings.

1. In order to keep the ESP chip up and connected after flashing, for example while configuring Tasmota or just messing around, one could connect the VCC of the ESP to the V terminal of the empty header in bottom left corner.

2. When the PIR detects motion the ESP is powered on and it sends out MQTT with POWER ON event. It doesn’t matter if motion continues or not - after about a minute the ESP is powered off for the pre-selected time (there is a switch on the back 2 or 4 minutes). During this time the ESP won’t be powered on again.

3. If one keeps the ESP up and connected it won’t send out additional MQTT messages (after the first POWER ON event), i.e. it is not usable as continuous motion detector.

I’m using “Tuya MCU” module configuration. Is this the correct one?

hi all,

i was able to flash the firmware over OTA using tuva-convert. I had used tasmota-battery.bin firmware and used template/comamnds here: https://templates.blakadder.com/DP-WP001.html

Lastly, i had disabled mqtt and just relying on connection status through a PING sensor in home assistant. This is giving me a very fast reaction to movement like 0 to 1 second reaction.

If you ask me how I was able to flash it over OTA, just try hard, first switch to pairing mode and keep pressing (not continuous press, do press and release) so device will stay awake. So far, I had flashed 2 devices.

binary_sensor:
  - platform: ping
    host: 192.168.178.61
    count: 1
    scan_interval: 1
    name: Night Hall To Entrance Sensor Tasmota
  - platform: ping
    host: 192.168.178.59
    count: 1
    scan_interval: 1
    name: Entrance To Night Hall Sensor Tasmota

I have an update regarding to successful OTA updates. I had noticed that tuya-flash is waitin for 10 seconds after pushing the intermediate firmware, which is causing issues for battery operated devices and we are failing most of the time because of this timeout. I had changed it to 3 seconds locally and had 2 more OTA flashed motion sensors.

Respective line:

https://github.com/ct-Open-Source/tuya-convert/blob/94acc3bb020361266ceb74f082e1d25c92a60345/scripts/fake-registration-server.py#L166

You can find this in scripts/fake-registration-server.py .
Original line:

os.system("sleep 10 && ./mq_pub_15.py -i %s -p %s &" % (gwId, protocol))

Modified line:

os.system("sleep 3 && ./mq_pub_15.py -i %s -p %s &" % (gwId, protocol))

Does it still stay 2 minutes and go on standby?

I am not using the tasmota motion sensors anymore, moved to zigbee. I was having issues initial wifi connection. But, last i used it, it was around 1 minutes 40 seconds (approximately)

Thanks. If it were possible to change this standby time it would be good.

The problem is that wake up is managed by a different electronic circuit than esp itself and we are not able to manage it. So, there is an external guy who controls when to wake up and sleep :slight_smile:

What about for this model i can’t find any information for connections

you can take a look at these 2 documents to find out correct pins;

1 Like

thanks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey can anyone please help me with disassembling this sensor?