Tuya smart blinds

Does anyone have these type of smart roller blinds motors?

Curious if they work with ok with HA, as there have been some recent issues with the Tuya integrations.
Can anyone that has them report in if you can see their status ok (open/closed) in HA without issues?

There are some other posts on these (keywords I used: tuya blinds). I just ordered one.

It looks like you can see the position of the blinds in HA only send open and close command to either fully open or fully close blinds.

Yes I have bought it in the end and yes it opens/closes just fine but the tuya app does have a percentage open/close which is not possible in HA unless you set up an automation/scripts with a timer I suppose.

Do you like it?

I think natural light is important to health and often forget or to busy to open all the blinds in the house so if I can get HA to do it for me it’s going to improve my family’s life.

Also the reverse of that is true (remembering or having time to open them). At night HA automatically sets my house alarm and turns it off in the morning, as well as auto arms in the day if we forget to turn it on. I plan to incorporate the blinds into my arming process. So when the alarm arms all the blinds close.

It would be really nice to be able to control the % open for things like afternoon sun (heat) blocking as well as other applications. I did see the semi work around where by people are using time count to set position, I wonder if this what the app does because knowing the % open properly would require a counting switch on the internal wheel (probably a light diode) and a microchip that can drive it which seems abit like more cost for essentially what is a cheap item.

Yeah it does the job, I have it automated with a bed sensor so that when I get out of bed in the morning the alarm switches off and the blinds go up because automation = max laziness :smile:
The only thing I will say is that the motor is far from quiet and if you set it on a timer makes for a good alarm also.

Totally, the laziest of people will spend months of their time building something that is going to save them 1 second of their time in the future.

I have heard them in action at someones house, yer agreed they are not quiet.

My morning routine is get up 4am in the morning (3-4 hours) before everyone else and get things I want to get done with peace and quiet and meet the day head on, opening the blinds and letting the world in is part of that routine but it will have to take a back seat once the motorized version goes in as that would let the (noise demons)/kids know I am up and then most likely they will start waking up earlier and that is not cool.

I did some reading yesterday on @dhartsmith post regarding part opening seems like a bit of a process but worth doing as I reckon the automatic blinds are going to be big game changer and worth the time investment.