"Tuya Smart WiFi" 6 Zone Irrigation Controller

Are you saying that your device doesn’t have a TYWE3S onboard, but a WB3S instead?
If so, then I don’t think you can flash the WB3S with esphome or tasmota.

You could replace the WB3S with an esp8266 or esp32 board if you have the skill and time. There are several guides to this around.

But in this case, maybe you should invest more time investigating the options and possibly modifying the various Tuya integrations?

Thats correct it has a WB3S chip instead.
So i looked at this repo https://github.com/openshwprojects/OpenBK7231T_App as it says it supports WB3S chips but had no luck, i was unable to get it to flash, attempted multiple rx/tx connections as well as soldering directly to the WB3S chip. if i can get connection to the chip at least i wont mind trying to write my own firmware, but buy the looks of it they peeps at openShwProjects have been doing some great work.

I managed a minor work around to get Scenes/Automations into HA:

Not the most elegant solution, but allows for some automations via HA

This work around is definitely good enough for me! Thanks for posting your solution!

1 Like

I recently acquired a Tuya smart irrigation controller equipped with a WB3S chip, but encountered difficulties in flashing it. Despite trying various methods like the board pin outs and direct soldering to the chip, I was unable to succeed after several hours. Consequently, I decided to substitute the WB3S chip with an ESP8266. This too presented challenges in flashing while on the board. To overcome this, I pre-flashed the ESP8266 with EspHome before soldering it onto the board, which proved successful. It seems the board might have been inhibiting the flashing process, as I was consistently getting a 'No Value returned' error during the initial attempts.

Additionally, I have a version with 8 zones and had to make some adjustments. I wanted to share my experience and the modifications I made here. Zone 7 & Zone 8 uses datapoint 110 and 111 for switching on and off.

- platform: "tuya"
    name: "Zone 7"
    icon: "mdi:sprinkler"
    switch_datapoint: 110
  - platform: "tuya"
    name: "Zone 8"
    icon: "mdi:sprinkler"
    switch_datapoint: 111

Desoldering the original WB3S chip is fairly easy, just remove the Foam piece around the LED lights as this will melt. And be patient, the chip will start sliding of on its own.

I have the same board but the PINS to connect the usb-serial adapter seem to be slightly different. Could you please help me on how I can flash this with ESPHome by explaining how I can map the wires from the usb.From I what I gathered GND → RST 3V3->VCC is this correct? Also it leaves me with the SWM and GNB pins. Are these the TX and RX equivalent? See attached photo of my board