Tuya SmartLife integration broken in HA?

So my very first HA integration was a Tuya/Smart Life RGB light bulb

tuya:
  username: [email protected]
  password: password
  country_code: 52
  platform: smart_life

It had been working fine for over a year, until one of the recent updates to HA. I think from 0.103.0 to .1 or the one after. When it was working correctly I could see the entry under the “lights” card. If I clicked on the light bulb icon a pop up screen would open and allow me to change the color of the RGB (color wheel), brightness etc.

Well now while making no changes to my tuya configuration I still see the light bulb icon under the “lights” card on the UI, but when I click on the bulb icon the pop up screen only allows me to adjust brightness, the color wheel doesn’t show up anymore. When I turn the light on (slide the button), the light does come on, but a few seconds later, the button slides back to the off section, but light stays on.

Basically once I turn on light via HA UI only way I can turn off again is by using Alexa. Also if I move the brightness bar it doesn’t adjust. I can control the RGB bulb just fine with Alexa, change color, brightness, etc. In the past current bulb state would update shortly after changes were made via Alexa voice commands, but not anymore.

Can anyone confirm if they are experiencing the same issues? If so, can someone point me on how to report the issue?

I have 2 Tuya bulbs (dimmable, no color options) and they haven’t stopped working for any of the latest updates

Is this related?

Thank you Pergola, my issue is not solved yet, but the link to the other post you provided was exactly what I was looking for.

Flamingm0e, thanks for sharing. It seems the issue is with the color Tuya bulbs, and many others are experiencing the same issue.

1 Like

flamingm0e, for what it is worth I am a bit happy the issue came up, since it made me realize there is now a way to flash the Tuya bulbs with tasmota, so it can run 100% locally vs using the cloud. Seems the method is using Tuya-convert to flash it which I plan to play with tomorrow.