Tuya wifi temperature and humidity detect

Did you manage to get a solution for the too large update interval of the thermostat?? I have realised that only updates if 0,5 degree change (if it is 21,1 it will only update cloud if goes `0,5 or -0,5…) so all the accuracy (0,1) is lost…

No, there is no way in realtime to monitor when it connect to wifi, to start scan imidetly.

There is no alternative firmware with can send data, no matter when, or on any temp/humidity change.

p.s. Termostat is other thing aka controler not sensor.

Thx, I was meaning sensor sorry. Have you solved the issue by changing to another sensor? probably with Zigbee? Im planning to deploy some sensor around the house and just deciding if I should change to Zigbee, WIFI is for sure my preferred option…

If there was a way to read log in real time from router, and see message when device connect to wifi, to run scan script.

In my Mikrotik router can run command when some device connect, but on AP’s around OpenWRT no shure.

In Tuya integration there must be a remote ask for scan.

you can get the local ID implementing Local Tuya. I have successfully integrated this device.
Also, you can set shorter intervals from within smart life app, as low as 1 min

It’s simple to get id, but to get data is not.
Device connect randomly for time shorter then scan script pull data.

[Wifi Plug 6 555b] - 192.168.1.86 - On - DPS: {'1': True, '9': 0, '17': 1, '18': 0, '19': 0, '20': 2235, '21': 1, '22': 628, '23': 28555, '24': 16442, '25': 2530, '26': 0, '38': 'memory', '41': '', '42': '', '46': False}
    [Temp Humidity Sensor] - 0 - Error: No IP found

>> Saving device snapshot data to snapshot.json

Hello i made it to work, but have to remove tuya smart, install manually (because the repo was deletes) the tuya V2 and with that the sensor work like a charm even my robovaccum works too.

Instruction:

1. Download the backup of tuya v2 from here https://github.com/tuya/tuya-home-assistant/tree/tuya-v2-backup
  2. extrack the zip to your pc.
  3. usin WINSCP (or any other file explorer SFTP) copy the custom_components/tuya/ folder to the Home Assistant configuration (config) directory.
  4. Restart HA
  5. Go to integrations, delete tuya official and restar again
  6. go no integration and add tuya v2.
  7. configure with the iot developer account like the tuya official.
  8. your deveices will appear yo select the room were they at, configure and your are done.

i will give the link of the official v2 instalacion before they remove the repo if you want to see some pictures and beter instructions.
https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/Home_Assistant_Integration?id=Kamcjcbvk2mu8

Hi @cubero.roberto, I have the Tuya V2 up and running but unable to read the internal thermostat temperature. How you did it work? The climate shows also a wrong temperature, but this is also known and unsolved yet. Thanks.

The problem is that the sensor wont update automaticalym you have toi restar the tuya servise every time, i tried that way but after a long time the service stop responding and have to restart HA to make i twork.

I’ve just added a Tuya Wifi temp humid sensor to my worm farm so I can get alerts if it gets too hot. I noticed in the handbook 4. Intelligent Linkage its indicates I can use to switch a device. I’m wondering if this can be used to switch on cooling such as a small pump? Any ideas?

Hi there.

If you have already integrated Tuya temp sensor to HA sucessfully, then you can use its value to turn any smart switches which is also integrated to HA. This can be done either by using an automation or deploying a generic thermostat.

For this to work, you have to have a smart switch which can be integrated with HA.

Will this make it so I no longer rely on Tuya cloud service?