Tuya Zigbee Smart Siren Supports Built In Battery Or False Advertisement?

Hi Guys,

I have this Smart Siren which support Zigbee

Whenever I unplug the adapter, it just goes off. I am not sure if it has any battery support. Even though device it self very lightweight. But they advertised it has built-in battery. Ref:

So I thought it provides backup from it. Did Tuya Zigbee falsely advertise this product?

If anyone else using this same device can explain what is this battery they mentioned? Do I have to add in battery? I was unable to open it up though to look inside. It also shows battery capacity inside APP once plugged power.

Thank you!

Just saw this while researching this siren. Looks like you have to put batteries into it, see this video for reference - FANTASTIC! Tuya Zigbee Portable Wireless Siren Alarm Review - Can't Get Similar via Xiaomi Mi Home - YouTube

The siren in the video is not the same one as listed in the OP.

I have the unit in the video. There are two versions of the one in the video (I have both).

The “With Sensors” version (temp and humidity) is generally sold with the batteries included and is designed to function as a battery only device. It does not act as a router even if plugged into mains power. It is “sleepy” to preserve battery, so may have a delay of several seconds before turning on after sending a command to it. It will function long term (months at least, probably year+ based on mine so far) on battery only.

The “No Sensors” version is designed to be run primarily from mains power. It is sold without batteries included. It does not have the sleepy delay of the “with sensors” version. It will always act as a router regardless of battery/mains status. It will run on battery only, but the batteries are really only good for short term backup. Batteries will fully deplete within a day or two if not plugged into mains power.

Listings are often conflated between the versions. It’s hard to know which one you are ordeing, and some lisings are just plain wrong. Confirm which one you are ordering, but even then you may end up with the wrong one.

1 Like