Tuya Zigbee TS011F issue

I have purchased 2 tuya UK Zigbee plug TS011F so I can integrate it using ZHA and sononff dongle-E

what happened exactly that I was able to pair the plugs and it shows in the ZHA integration with all entities such power and energy (5 entities ) with the switch it self and when I do the test right away after pairing it was working and I can control switch and read all power reading

but emmediatily after around 2 min it become unavailable and I can’t do anything with it

the same behavior on both purchased items, even when I delete it and pair it again same behavior

I did one thing just to make sure where is the issue exactly
I pair it with my development HA which installed on old RB3 with DeConz dongle and it was working flawless it become connected all the time,

so I think it has something related to the Sonoff dongle-e

please any ideas?

thanks,

I have exactly the same issue with 2 of such plugs, 1 20A TS011F by _TZ3000_cehuw1lw and a 16A TS011F by _TZ3000_typdpbpg. They were originally paired in ZHA with a zigbee cc2531 usb-stick, but I migrated last month the radio to a Sonoff Zigbee hub running Tasmota and after removing these plugs from Home Assistant I can’t get them paired again. If I put them in pairing mode, I can see them being found and added and during this pairing process, I can use them for a short while. Then, they lose connection a few times and once the blinking led stops, they are not reacting anymore. I am running an up to date HA 2023.1.4.

Like Problem pairing with Nous A1Z Smart Plug - #6 by etienn01

found in my logs:

2023-01-16 16:32:36.659 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.appdb] Error handling '_save_attribute' event with (a4:c1:38:18:18:9f:5a:a7, 1, 0, 4, '_TZ3000_typdpbpg') params: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
2023-01-16 16:32:36.660 DEBUG (MainThread) [bellows.ezsp.protocol] Application frame received sendUnicast: [<EmberStatus.SUCCESS: 0>, 222]
2023-01-16 16:32:36.719 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.appdb] Error handling '_save_attribute' event with (a4:c1:38:18:18:9f:5a:a7, 1, 0, 5, 'TS011F') params: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
2023-01-16 16:32:36.855 DEBUG (bellows.thread_0) [bellows.uart] Data frame: b'00ccb1a96b2a15ffa5904b23aa5493499d4e2775b6ce67920f7e'
2023-01-16 16:32:36.856 DEBUG (bellows.thread_0) [bellows.uart] Sending: b'8160597e'

Seems a corrupted database might be the issue as totally cleaning it might help it (reading Device not useable after pairing (Smart Plugs) - [zigpy.appdb] Error handling '_save_attribute' event · Issue #201 · zigpy/zigpy-deconz · GitHub). However I prefer to fix the database rather then completely repairing all my devices.

Hello Guys,
any updates here?
Unfortantly i have exactly the same Issue.
For the Sonoff Dongle E there should be no new firmware.
The Tuya plug cant be updatet OTA because it is not reachable after 2min.

I hav no Idea any more. Very disappointing

I have TS011F smart plugs. I use z2m and I never had any issue with them. I have I think 6 of this plugs and I don’t use DeConz dongle.
I don’t use zha so it’s hard for me to tell if this is integration problem or coordinator issue.

I use ZHA and use the Sonoff dongle E
Really strange…

Well you can try z2m addon. As I saw on forum z2m is fair superior than zha.

I have 3 plugs with 20A (_TZ3000_gvn91tmx), running them in ZHA with SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle-E and they work without problems.

Some ideas (maybe you already tried some of those):

• restarting home assistant
  • on which zigbee channel are you operating? maybe it’s interfering with used 2,4ghz wifi channels?

I have 2 of these and both have the same issue when using ZHA. They join the network ok, and are usable but within 1-2mins they go offline.

In fact if I stay on the final green ‘assign location’ screen during ZHA adding, I can see them going off and online (greyed out then reappear).

I tried briefly with z2m using the same usb zigbee dongle (sky connect), and they seem to work fine for the ~30mins I tried.

An extra thing I noticed is that the light on the socket keeps flashing after pairing when using ZHA but it stops flashing after pairing with z2m.

It seems that z2m is better at handling this device.

I tried a FW update. z2m said no new version available. I wasted >4h trying to get ZHA to do a FW update without success. Closest I got was 90%. When it drops off the network it interrupts the FW update.

I don’t have time to work on it but my next move was going to be a zigbee packet sniffer logging the pairing sequence of the device with zha/z2m.

1 Like

I’ve got the same issue - “TS011F by _TZ3000_dd8wwzcy” dual power-point.

Put it in pairing mode, ZHA detects it and all is green, but the power point LED’s keep blinking and it stays in pairing mode.

During this time I can turn the switches on and off with ZHA and they work, but the power point seems to never fully connect. Eventually the LED’s stop blinking and the switch becomes unresponsive in ZHA/Home Assistant.

I have a whole bunch of other Tuya light switches and dimmers working fine - these are the first that won’t finish connecting.

Seeing this in debug - looks like it is trying to apply a quirk abnd something isn’t quite lining up:

2023-07-23 19:24:45.220 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.quirks.registry] Considering <class ‘zhaquirks.tuya.ts011f_plug.Plug_2AC_var05’>
2023-07-23 19:24:45.220 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.quirks.registry] Fail because device_type mismatch on at least one endpoint

Ultimately it should be the equivalent of this device in Z2M: TuYa TS011F_2_gang_wall control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT - only difference is mine is a 240V Australian 2 plug AC unit.

Update: Just pulled my Tuya Hub out of the drawer and connected the switch to that. Connected immediately but had a firmware update (to 1.06) available. I did the update to the switch with hope in my heart, but alas, no change in behaviour. 2 gang power point will still not finish the connection to ZHA.

1 Like

I tried now also different Zigbee plugs with monitoring funktion.
They can be switched on and off but no monitoring possible.
They are from silvercrest…

Has somebody a workaround for my issues?
My aquara sensors are working but it looks like that the lost the connection ones a day completly

I have updated plugs by Z2M using my Dev HA running on old RB3 with DeConz stick and it is working only with DeConz , I tried to pair it back with Sonoff stick and it back to same behavior , now I am sure that those plugs has an issue with Sonoff stick

1 Like

I have had this issue for a few weeks now and I could not figure out for the life of me how to fix it. Of course I did not want to repair all my Zigbee devices but yesterday that looked like the only option, however I have (accidentally) found a solution. I’am using a SkyConnect dongle with a 1m extension cable such that it has less interference and is outside of my server cabinet, this was however not what fixed the problem. I kept having the issues as described above, the TS011F would be in an endless pairing loop and not exit pairing mode.

This is how a fixed it: I went to the configure section of the ZHA integration (settings >> devices and services >> Zigbee Home Automation >> configure). I first downloaded a backup here and then clicked on migrate radio. Then I removed the current Zigbee network and started a new one, all devices seemed disconnected and lost at this point. After this a clicked the red migrate radio button again and uploaded the manual backup to restore the previous Zigbee network, all devices were reconnected and the whole network operated much quicker. At this point pairing of TS011F worked flawlessly, however I noticed that the pairing succes rate is a lot higher if you pair it directly with the SkyConnect Zigbee Coordinator, this can be done by going to your ZHA devices and clicking the Zigbee coordinator. By clicking “add devices via this device” you will connect the TS011F directly to the Zigbee coordinator which worked flawlessly now for me.

I really hope this fixes the issue for others, I was very happy to finally find a solution after weeks of troubleshooting.

1 Like

FYI, an issue was opened a few days ago in the zha-device-handlers: [Device Support Request] Silvercrest SAPZ A2 (TS011F par _TZ3000_ynmowqk2 ) · Issue #2708 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub

1 Like

From the sniffer logs it seems that the smart plug is leaving the network because it’s not receiving a Zigbee Key.

I updated the Sonoff Dongle-E which was on the 6.10.3 version to the RCP version (4…). Then pairing the devices worked correctly.

Updating the dongle did not go very well for me: I lost all my entities - deleting the “key” also deletes the entities. Make sure you have a copy of your device/IEEE/entity(_id) mappings.

I had the same problem with TS011F (from German Discounter LIDL/Silvercrest) using SkyConnect Stick.

Solution for me was to go to
Settings->System->Hardware->Home Assistant SkyConnect->Configure and to activate the Multi Protocol Support
After that pairing worked instandly.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, after various reinstalls, restarts of HA and the skyconnect, and possibly firmware updates of both the skyconnect and the ZB device, they are now working completely fine in ZHA using skyconnect.

Sorry I can’t be more specific, but they do work now without problems.

I had the same issue.
Deleting the unsuccessful devices, and repairing them all next to the dongle allowed them to pair successfully.
I then reloaded the zigbee integration and all worked successfully.
Edit - This includes locations reached using the ikea repeaters.